Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feckin Fire Alarm

Options
  • 12-05-2003 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

Right, our fire alarm has been driving us crazy the last couple of weeks.

It was beeping periodically, as if the battery was low, but it's tied into the mains, so I assumed it didn't have a battery :rolleyes: Anyways, long story short, the battery has full charge, and when you take the battery out and put it back in, the beeping stops. But it kept coming back and beeping randomly, so I assumed it was my housemate smoking was annoyin the detector(as opposed to fully setting it off), cos it only seemed to be beeping on mornings when he was in from work(night shift), and having a smoke before he went to bed.

Now I know that it's actually the main alarm that's causing it. It was fine all yesterday, but then my housemate left for work this morning, turned off the house alarm, set it again, and closed the door. Lo and behold, the smoke alarm starts beeping again.

Anyone know what's going on here? And how to solve it - its driving us feckin insane :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,375 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Did you get a manual for it?

It could be dust (especially with the smoking flat mate - use vacuum cleaner) or a fault that is self diagnosing or it could be life expired.

In any case I would have it checked out / replaced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

did you get it sorted it could be a loose electrical connection or aloose battery cover either of them will cause beeps ,maybe when you walk on the landing or slam the door if not the battery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 asdfgh1

Change the battery...this will solve issue, the batteries have a limited life-span!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

yeh i'm assuming he's checked the batteries first ,you did didn't you?

Advertisement