Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elton

• 12-05-2003 11:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi Folks! Help!!! Heard an ad on phantom the other morning about Elton from Brando supporting someone, somewhere at somepoint in Dublin... wasn't quite awake so missed all the important details.......

Can anyone help!! I missed Brando's last gig cos work dragged me to Cork for the whole day...

Eversa greatful

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

Hey, you've missed the gig. It was on Thursday May 8th. I loved Brando and I usually go to see Elton's solo gigs but this one was 12 Euro (he was supporting Sean Needham). There'll be more to come so don't despair! I have a feeling he'll be playing one of my gigs in the TBMC in June...Keep an eye out on the boards...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Do you work in the TBMC Sandi? I used to work there, in the bar. *shudder*

No Gordon, but I'd like to! I'm a live sound engineering student in the TBMC and my class put on gigs there every month. I've been the production manager. This one (Wed May 14th) is our last one but we're thinking of keeping the gigs going during the summer or at least do one more in June. Tiz great fun!
    You going to the boards beer on the 31st? I'm really looking forward to it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Ah right, I hear the live sound is a good one above the TBMC, at least you get possibilities for doing practical work. When I was there (in the bar) there was a short haired ozzie doing training, he seemed cool. Although some of the live sounders (or moreso the lighters) can be a tad abrasive.

Hope to see you at the boards night out.

(oh, when doing the nights in the TBMC - a word of note: try to make the person that is behind the mobile bar happy. This is the bar inside the main concert that sometimes appears. If you keep this barperson happy he may try to enduce some sort of vibe into the audience.)

as for Brando, or Elton, I saw Brando in the TBMC some time ago when I worked there and found that their music was great, keep us posted of more Brando by the way.

The mobile bar in the TBMC ain't used anymore.
    Brando have split up as of November 2002 unfortunately but Elton still does Brando songs solo and I still go see him!
    I shall be seeing you on the 31st then Gordon. I think i remember you being at the Halloween boards thingy in MacTurcaills but I can't quite remember what you look like. I myself have long black hair and a lipring so come sit on my knee and say hi!

• Advertisement
Advertisement