Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My broadband connection is sort of working

Options
  • 12-05-2003 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

I ordered my BB connection from eircom at least 2 weeks ago. I bought my own modem but I'm still waiting on eircom to post out the i-stream packaging and tell me when the work on the Dundalk exchange is done.

Out of curiosity I decided to connect my bb modem to the phoneline on saturday. Low and behold, it connected and since I had been given my username & password previously off I went. unfortunately, some sites are unreachable: Eircom !!!, IOL & ireland.com to name a few (pinging the addresses gives a destination net unreachable error).

The connection details have been set up with eircoms DNS IP addresses and I can reach most websites I visit which is confusing me. Anybody got any ideas what might be wrong or should I just wait until Eircom tells me I'm officially connected and then complain.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭santalives

ye i am having the same issue, I have been in contact with support and they have told me that the issue is with the exchange and that they are looking into it, they didn't have a ETA as to when it was going to be fixed when i was on to them. So basically don't go messing with your config as probably it has nothing to do with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Tenshot

When you get destination host unreachable, what IP address is the message coming from, and what is the IP address you were trying to reach?

What do you see when you do a tracert to one of the unreachable IP addresses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 BlackFlag

I gather you are not a games player but would be interesting to see if you could play on any UK servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Terminator

I had a similar problem with internet sharing on a second pc. The main computer was fine but I had trouble with most major websites on the second pc.

The following article relates to internet sharing but the registry changes it suggest might help (it worked for me) :

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/article04-107

Advertisement