Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

angry and moody all the time

• 12-05-2003 11:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hello
    can anyone help me i think im going mad

im really moody these days , im lashing out at people and saying the worst things to them stuff like i wish they were dead and stuff
    i cant control my temper , im in a permanent bad mood with my family but i feel so guilty i dont even want to go home because im so ashamed i cant control it.My family think im jealous of my sister because she got a claim and is doing what she wants to do im like for christs sake
    she just admitted that shes still taking herion after 5 years i tried to tell them and they wouldnt listen even if i walk into a room now theyre whispering when i ask what there talking about they say mind your own business or you'll telll everyone , i can put my hand on my heart and say anything thats said to me goes no further but there like no your a mouth so then i get angry and start freaking out i feel like im going to explode

Even when it comes to clothe shoes even underwear my dad is mad about cleaning and puts stuff away needless to say i can never find it or its under the flamin stairs

im sorry for rambleing on but i really feel im at the end of my teather .... any advice would be much apprieated thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

diagnosis: youre a teenager
    prognosos: you'll be grand in a few years

If you go to see a doc/psychologist they'll only try to put you on anti-depressants (if theyre anything like my 'stand in' doc anyway). Definately something to avoid if at all possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks for your reply Rymus but to be honest im 22 ,this has been goin on mildley since my teens but to be honest its getting worse ive a constant headache from stress and people especially my family are bugging me i dont mean to say the things the way i do i just feel its the only way i can get my point across

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Change your job, change your girlfriend/boyfriend, change your domicile.

Change whatever event(s) in your life are causing you stress.

simple.

not perfumed, not coloured, just kind.

its mainly my family there the people who i really go off at all my mates think im this libley bubbly person with not a care in the world when in reality its much different........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

you sound lieka perfectly normal adolecent to me.

as molly ringwald says at the end of 'not another teen movie'

fúcking teenagers' :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Silent Grape

hes not an adolescent or a 'fuking teenager', hes 22! so maybe ppl could stop writing off his problems?

maybe u cud have a serious chat with whever family members are bugging you. Have the chat on your own terms, dont get into all tht nitty gritty crap and keep your head clear. try surround urself with ppl who cheer u up (easier said than done tho) gud luck whatever u do
    xx

Thanks silent grape my family arent the kind of people that ya can have a serious chat with but i'll try

thanks a mill

p.s :im a girl!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

Remove yourself from the situation that causes the problem ie move out of home.

I was like this a few yrs ago when I used to live at home (ok so I was/still am a teenager) but the anger was taking over my life and scared the sh!t out of me. I would not have concidered it "normal" teenage anger.

Once I moved out things began to settle.
    The anger subsided and I was able to come to some speaking terms with my parents and other family members. Better for everyone concerned imo.

When you find yourself in a situation like this your only way to fix it is to move out. It is possible is you want it enough.

Best Wishes,
    A.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

if the chat with your family doesnt work out, try condifing in a good friend.
    Also, make perfectly clear to alot of people that you tell that its personal problems, not gossip. A good chat with someone who is open minded and mature can get rid of alot of the stress, but dont bottle it up, you will end up lashing out at someone or even hurting someone really close to you that you care about.

best of luck.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

two words

move out

• Advertisement

I'm so surprised nobody has mentioned PMS!!

Moody - I know what you're going through. I'm the same - I have a terrible temper and always have had. I just have no patience and lash out at any incompetance or what I perceive to be downright stupid questions, actions or rudeness. I thought time would mellow me but alas no. I have good days and bad days and try (succesfuly for the main part to control myself and not lash but the inner turmoil makes me feel like exploding). I am on a constant roller coaster of emotions....highs and lows....

I dunno Moody I think it could be depression or maybe the cliched PMS but I doubt that...I seriousaly think it's a form of depression. Hope things work out for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Trebor

Ah to move out if only it where that simple :D

i am in the exact same situation:

hate my family, every thing they do annoys the **** out of me.
    but i can't aford to move out so i have two crappy jobs that keep me out of the house all day and night thereby limiting my contact with them :D

i would sugest ignoring them, don't be interested in their plans or what they talk about. don't let them into your life, when they give out to you don't let them see you angry just act like you don't care what they think(you probably don't care anyway). become so self observed that nothing matters but your own self interest.

Worked wonders for me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

As to your father putting things away, well don't leave them in the way. Grow up act like an adult.

For the anger bit, it is likely caused by the stress (your body's reaction to the social threats you encounter) pumping adrenilin into your system. Get some regular exercise or similar outlet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bigthicko

I'd just ignore them, try to depend on them as little as possible I know it's hard but they'll learn to appreciate you more if you're not always there...They're probably pissed about the heroin thing and are taking it out on you. One day they'll really need you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Hey I'm 25 and I still tell everyone I wish they were dead. I really mean it though.

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

I wouldnt write off a Doc totaly. It might be that you are like my sis. Basically she had the same problem. She went throgh puberity fine no mood change at all (but did change physicaly).

Then BAM when she was 21/22 the hormons hit her and she had alot of bother. The Doc put her on these thing to controll her hourmons and she was fine.

A few of her mates had the same thing as well it not that uncommon a prob with girls in particular.

Also remember that even tho this might be part of it you might not get on as well as you think with the people in question. :confused:

ps sorry cant speel hormouns :confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

Are you the youngest in the house?

it sounds like to me like their problems are making you depressed,
    You have a few options.. go to the doctor, confide in him/her but DONT take any anti-depressant prescriptions from the doc, the reason why i'm advising you to do this is, if you are depressed talking to someone (other than friends, who are caught up in their own issues to be honest), may help you to see how much this is effecting you, next step is how to deal with it.
    You can either move out into a house with a crowd of girls, there is always ads for sharing and its much cheaper. Or stay at home if you haven't got the money and try and be out of the house as much as possible in the evenings.

I would have to agree with Trebor. Your an individual at 22, your family and their chit chat and problems, you must ignore, who cares?, each problem will pass, and if they don't want you involved take it as a blessing that you don't have to deal with the crap, be your own person, you've got friends, and that's very important, if your family don't appreciate your input then let them alone, their loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭mada999

angry and moody ?

you need a **** . . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

um - ppl need to stop making escuses for living at home over 20 yrs old.

Ok so yuo hate your family, they're treating you like **** so walk.

It's as easy as that. Who said with two jobs a week they couldn't afford to move out. Thats the biggest pile of bs i've ever heard.

U could get a class enough place in Dublin for E72 a week. I know I did last summer!

What are u earning an hour E2 or something.The fact of the matter is. I met so many ppl in Dublin giving out about their family, living at home problems etc and I could'nt believe my ears!!

Living at home at 22 - time to get the **** out!!!!! imo

40 hr a week job - E280 min pay

rent = E60-70

ok your poor but rough it for a while til yuo get a better job

my 2 cents

Advertisement