Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nada Surf on Saturday

Options
  • 12-05-2003 12:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭

Did anyone go to that gig, it was fecking brilliant. i havent had so much fun at gig in ages and I wasnt even drunk.

They played a great mix of old and new.

Brilliant

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

bet they weren't as good as electric eel shock

most fun ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Ste k

Different kettle of fish, I really wanted to go to that gig as well but unfortunaly they clashed and I had bought my ticket ages ago.

One thing noticeable at the nada gig though was the age of the crowd. Mainly mid 20's, interesting I thought, was popular released that long ago 1996 wasnt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

It was a very good gig. I’ve been waiting years for them to come to Ireland and they meet my expectations, I was surprised they played popular I had heard that they don’t usually play it live but I wasn’t complaining. I also got to meet the band after the show, myself and a mate brought their bass backstage after they threw it into the crowd. Ok we needed a little help from a “friendly” bouncer but we would have brought it too them either way.

it was really sound they came out afterwards and said hello to everyone, i think they were delighted as we were to come to ireland.

Got some radiohead tickets, there back on sale on the waste site.

Kick ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Carroll

I was there too... great to see them live. They should be so much bigger than they are.....

Got me a Tshirt which I will be proudly wearing on thursday night

:D

• Advertisement

Yeah i got a t-shirt and the demo CD. Its pretty good actaully, loads of demo versions of great quality of some old songs and un-heard ones. Also some different verions in french. There pretty good as well.

Only a tenner, you can beat that value

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Yeah I went backstage and met them too, Matthew waved me through :). I guess I was the youngest there being only 17. They were actually discussing the missing bass guitar while i was backstage with them. Oh and when he threw in the bass guitar it hit Beretta's friend in the head who was next to me. I will have photos of the gig up soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭antwalsh

What was the name of the support act? They mumbled it a few times (I think) but I couldn't catch it. They weren't very good anyway. Don't know why I want to know...just curious.

I have to say that the support band (Tenderson) were awful. But nada were so they made me completely forget about them.

Which was great

Advertisement