Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK : Telewest goes live with 2Mb service £50 per month

Options
  • 12-05-2003 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭

Telewest goes live with 2Mb service
    Telewest has launched its 2Mb broadband service following a trial of 1,500 of its blueyonder punters.

The service costs from £50 a month.

Said Chad Raube, director of Internet services at Telewest Broadband: "While BT and other major ADSL providers offer a one-size-fits-all service, we recognise people have different needs and provide a menu of cable services to suit.

The cableco claims eight out of ten of its 2Mb triallists said the service had met or exceeded their expectations.

The trial caused a stampede in March among punters eager to get their hands on the service. ®

Full story from the Reg

how many years befor you could get some thing like this in Ireland
    2012 eircon launchs new 2mb line for €500 a month
    when the rest of the world will be on 20mb by then

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

I recently got a quote from Eircom for a 2mbit line. It came to 6800 euros PER MONTH!!!!, and that's not even including the installation!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭50Cent

That would be so sweet...

Simple solution: abandon ireland. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

Well I don't think IBB's 1 Mb, €320.65 inc VAT install and €84.70 inc VAT per month service is that bad lets be honest and I mean 2mb has only just launched in England so we're not really that bad when you think about it as long as IBB are involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭50Cent

oh we are so behind in many things here...:rolleyes:

Advertisement