Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eve online

Options
  • 12-05-2003 12:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Who all is playing this ?
    Best fun I've had in a mmrpg since the old days of UO before it turned into a nerfdom.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

This almost looks like pimping! :D Though no link was provided... Looks nice but not my thing... I prefer fantasy based RPG. Not sci-fi and certainly not starship captains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 sidhe

I know anything thats not got the words neverwinter nights is so out of place here. Maybe they should rename this board to the nwn fanboy self help forum :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

WIth a whole 2posts you can hardly say you have been here long enough to know the community :p

.................. most are UO fanboys :D

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

I've been playing since a good way back into beta..
    Bought the full version the other day and havent stopped playing..:ninja:

Im looking into starting up an Irish Corp.. anyone interested?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭FlashBang

I've been betatesting it for a long time, then decided to leave it.

My opinion: they screwed up. The game just ain't fun! I earned money to no end, got one of those big mofo-ships gathered around a group. But there really is nothing to really keep you excited.

From all the MMO(R)PGs I've played by now (or lets say betatested... I refuse to pay monthly fees for games), neocron was the very best. Followed by Anarchy Online, but the players ****ed this one up. But AO has a very nice feature: you have an appartment you can decorate and equip. At the start it's empty, but you can buy furniture and put it in and put paintings on the walls, etc.
    heh, one funny story: I was on a mission in the wastelands with a group of 5 others. We had to clear out a bandit's nest in the middle of nowhere. We did, and I found a "Big Fridge" in one of the rooms. Noone wanted it because it, so I strapped it up my back and went all the way from the wastelands back to my appartment in Rome (I think it was rome...)
    hehehe, was one of the few persons that actually put stuff in their rooms...

anyways, on the other hand, in neocron you can BUY yourself appartments in different classes. I had a pretty luxurious one and made a fortune as a scientist. Made plans of weapons and other items and gave em to my friend who was an engineer. He built that stuff and we sold our items on the streets. At first he could only build stuff with "fair" quality, even thou he totally specialized in building. Later, when he leveled up a bit, we could produce prime assault rifles for the advanced players and superb colt budgets (most even with slots! something special in neocron) for the newbies. Heh, we payed like 100-150 credits to build a colt and sold em for 2000-3500. Ohhhh, those were the days... *dreams*

But I'm afraid the community of neocron is now ruined too. It's always like that: during beta-phase, the mature ppl are playing the game and have great fun even thou the server keeps crashing and not all features are working. When the game is released to the public, all the 10 year olds grab it and start behaving like asses, kill their own teammembers, etc.
    *sigh* oh well, that's just the way it goes. A tip for you: if you want to play MMO(R)PGs: sign up for the betas, enjoy beta-testing and report any bugs you find, but don't buy or pay for the game afterwards. Just move on to the next MMO(R)PG. Best thing you can do.

Ok, enough rambling from ol' flashy. I must've bored you to death by now ;)

cya
    - Flash

• Advertisement

Must say on one hand I agree with you games can seem more fun while they remain closed or less popular, but at the same time I cannt help feel it smacks of a certain eliteism.

I tried necro as well and kind of just got bored much like I did of the other mmorpg out there, all everquest wannabe clones. I havent really played a online game where there was a real sense of danger, all this flag pvp on/off doesnt do it for me. Like most ppl u just stay safe at the start and then maybe go pvp for a while and then give up.

Maybe its just the fact that its not another first person perspective game that does it for me. What I'd really like to see is something like necron without all the levelling ****e and its open session on anyone outside of a town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭melachi

I played the beta, it gets quite boring. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭FlashBang

Originally posted by sidhe
    Must say on one hand I agree with you games can seem more fun while they remain closed or less popular, but at the same time I cannt help feel it smacks of a certain eliteism.

I dunno where you see elitism there. I mean it's not like the betatesters are chosen ppl. Most MMO(R)PGs let everyone testplay at a certain beta-phase. It's just that most immature ppl don't have the time/knowledge/brains/nerve/effort to sign up there. It's different when the game is out and it's considered 1337 to play game XYZ

The comment wasnt directed at you, more my own post.
    Its more the way when a game goes on release or starts to get suddenly popular that there's alway a older group sittingaround on there rocking chairs going on how the games these younsters play have gone to pot and how wonderful things where in there day. I'm as guilty as the next person of it.
    As for eve I'm starting to revise my opinion on it, I still like it a lot. But something seems to be missing, theres no real community in it yet, but I suspect thats just because its only a week or so out of beta and ppl are only getting corps etc going.

Advertisement