Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ADSL Modem. D-Link 300G+ Problems.

Options
  • 12-05-2003 12:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi,

Does anybody else have a D-Link 300G+ ADSL modem. I tried to configure this to work with Eircom and can't get it to work. I have updated all the settings on the modem using PPPoE.
    VPI=8
    VCI=35
    The only thing that I don't have an option to set is the encapsulation.

I have rang D-link support regarding this and we went through all the possible settings on the modem and it still won't work.

The error I am getting is "Peer Abort". Has anybody else got a 300G+ and is getting errors with Eircom?

:confused:

Thanks
    Mjj

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Martin_Gleeson

I have a DSL 300G, and yes, there is not Encapsulation option when you set it to PPPoE. I sometimes get the Peer Abort message, but just keep trying to connect. Sometimes I get connected doing this, sometimes not. If not, I use the old turn-it-off-and-back-on-again trick. Then delete the exiting account and re-created it.

Make sure your Authentication is set to CHAP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 mj

Excellent, thanks for that information. 1 hour onto their support guys didn't even give me that option to change.

I will give this a try tonight.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭The Smircher

I had the exact same problem with this modem and BT Broadband in the UK.
    I kept getting the peer abort message.
    The D-Link connected once or twice sporadically for me and then died. It was very frustrating.

In the end I gave up trying and got a different modem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭p2p

Lads,

This is all covered here

Best of luck with it ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Martin_Gleeson

I'm actually giving up on my D-Link as well. I'm going for an X-Modem instead. Supposed to work better with my Buffalo router.

• Advertisement
Advertisement