Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiohead Olympia gigs on sale NOW!!!

Options
  • 12-05-2003 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

There are tickets available for sale 17 & 18 May in the Olympia on www.waste.co.uk NOW!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Here's where I got around to it:

http://tickets.waste.uk.com/ticketinfo.html?c=Dublin

Dregin

They aren't actually on sale either....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

yeah whats the story with this

i think i just bought a ticket but im not sure as some of the prices have an actual ? in them

if i get a bill for 9 grand im gonna cry

How you manage that?Me not findin anyway to get onto the credit card part.They must be all gone........boo hoo and all that.Radiohead have gone to ****e anyway.My friend was just lookin for some.Save him goin to that mr hanky dive known as the point...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Ste k

I got them about an hour and half ago, a couple of mins after this message.

When I got sat tickets i went back to have a look and standing on sunday were sold out and saturday.

• Advertisement

An hour and a half ago I was in the middle of a Programming exam so..........not ordering tickets from there :)I guess that's that so.

Dregin

yeah im confused
    who else said they got tickets today? did question marks come up on the prices?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Junebug

I got 4 for Saturday today and I got 4 for Belfast a couple of days ago. The Dublin ones must have sold out pretty rapidly, I discovered they were on sale at about 2:30pm. I reckon the webmasters have not updated the site yet, they need to take Dublin off it and stop confusing people. Sorry if I have given anyone false hope, but I think there has been a few success stories aswell. Hopefully they all went to fans and not touts.

lads is it very hard to answer the simple question i asked? please!

they have now taken the dublin tickets off the site
    but keep checking, apparantly the reason they went onsale is because they put a stop to the ebay touts and re sold them, so perhaps more will be re sold in the next few days

No, I didn't get the ? for the prices, but if you got a booking confirmation e-mail then I am sure you are OK. There is a maximum of 4 per person so the most your bill can come to is 180.00 and I am sure you can find homes for the other tickets.

Yes, everybody should just keep checking over the next few days, and we will all spread the word if they go back on sale. There is still hope, do not despair yet!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Anybody know how they managed to identify the tickets that were being sold on eBay so they cancel them and claw them back?

Although nearly all of us dispise ticket touts there is nothing illegal about it. If I buy something legally I have good title to it and if I want to use it, not use it or sell it at a profit/loss to another then thats up to me. Radiohead, Ticketmaster or anybody else will never entertain a refund on a ticket once its sold no matter what misfortune befalls the ticket holder. Its hard then to justify the action that they are taking against the touts.

I've never bought a ticket off a tout (as far as I recall) nor would I ever on principal no matter how much I wanted to go to a gig. You have to wonder if Radiohead hold the moral high ground here.

The tickets are the property of Radiohead and you pay for the right to watch them.

In essence they are only leasing you the right to go to the gig and the tickets is physical receipt of this.

I havent done contract law in ages but it is illegal to sublet without the orginal leasers permission so thats how they can them. If you check the tickets I think it says that all tickets are property of ticketmaster/waste/radiohead.

I think thats how they can get you on it. Personally I think its good that they got them back, not just because I benefited but it stop people ripping others off and stops touts.

Theres my two cents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

So If I buy the tickets on my credit card and give them to some one else as a present, am I in a legal grey area?

Similarly, if I give you the tickets as a present but charge you €500 for an A4 envelope that they are contained in where do I stand?

There are laws in the offing that will prevent touts operating in the vicinity of venues but I doubt it will cut out Internet touts or anybody who operates remotely from the venue. You also have to question certain travel agents and corporate events companies who purchase tickets, withold them and then flog them at ridiculous prices. Until bands/promoters/ticket agents start operating in a fair manner I think it will be hard to make the much hated touts disappear - after all they are only operating on market economies of supply and demand!

Direct quote from Radiohead w.a.s.t.e site:

"If you are a genuine fan and are selling your unwanted tickets on ebay please contact us tickets@waste.uk.com, we will be able to cancel your order and refund your money. This way real fans will be able to get the tickets without becoming bankrupt!"

So Radiohead are entertaining refunds after all.

I think Brian that technically that is illegal but the practice has gone on for so long now that no-one of any offical standing cares as long as the booking and vat is paid and the ticket agents gets their money.

With regards to internet ticket touts, everyone is too slow to re-act except for Radiohead and fair play to them.

Oh I have a few A4 evelopes if you wanna buy them, I think you probably could get around it that way, but you would have to issue a reciept for the A4 envelope and pay 21% vat on it. PLus your company tax, if it was to come up in court.

Thank god I did that contract law course in college.

interesting point, there is no actaul written law on contract law it has so far all been set by precedent. If you buy a pint when your drunk technically that is a contract which can not be formed when you are under the inlfuence and is void. So try and get your money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

I also got two tickets for Saturday and I'm so chuffed.

I'm glad that Radiohead are taking a strong stance against touting I would have ended up paying some stupid amount outside the venue had it not been for this.

I do think the action is justified, touts have no interest in the band and are buying tickets knowingly stopping genuine fans from getting them and then selling them on for huge profits with little effort. Thanks to their efforts of searching ebay for tickets and then cancelling them myself and other genuine Radiohead fans get to go.

So fairly play to Waste for making the effort to stop touts and I will again thank Junebug for her efforts :D.

here here,

Real fans - 1 Touts - A kebillion

At least were catchin up

There is a special pre-sale of the Dec 03 tickets for the point on NOW @ www.waste.uk.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Radiohead are like buses....

You dont see em for ages and then three come along at once!!!

Olympia
    Glastonbury
    Point

Happy days

Advertisement