Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Webmail and Blogger?

Options
  • 12-05-2003 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Just set up a shiny new domain for myself, and want to install a webmail interface and a Blog interface.

Does anyone have any recommendations or personal preferences?

TIA,
    Dave.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I tend to default to Squirrelmail and Geeklog.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

We've been using Squirrel for some time and think it's excellent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭endanagle

yup, squirrelmail for me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

OK, just installed SquirrelMail. Docs are crap, btw. ;)

Aaaanyway, on the login screen, I'm getting
    CGI Error

The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:
    I've tried the full path to login.php, and I'm getting the same error. Any ideas?

- Dave.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

This on Windows TmB? If so, the first thing you need to check is your paths. If you can, save your config as a txt file and post it somewhere for us to have a look at.

adam

OK Adam, I'll do that first thing in the morning.

Thanks,
    Dave.

OK Adam,

Your hint put me in the right direction. I had to add PL as a valid perl extension and it worked.

Now... next problem :)

It won't let me log in. If I put in a junk email address and password, I get the usual invalid user/password error in the middle of the screen.

However, if I put in a valid address, it looks like it authenticates (the frames appear). But.... there is no content in either frame. After about 5 seconds, the invalid user/password message appears in the right pane (the main one).

- Dave.

Advertisement