Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No satellite signal.. - but can see PCNE.

• 12-05-2003 7:18pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Grundig Digibox works fine on the same cable / LNB

But a Pace box don't find channel lists
    Signal Strength is 75% - Quality is 0% and not locking on to default transponder - (services / 401 - reset to be on the safe. )

But I can tune in PCNE in via Add other channels...
    (and the box has pulled in stuff from Hotbird and Astra 1 on a 60cm dish ...)

While I can do the whole force a software up grade thing - it's probably not a good idea until it is locked on.

So any ideas ?
    Can I get channel listings from another transponder ?
    Is it simply that I need to tweak the dish alignment ( I've heard the Grundigs are more sensitive - but don't want to move the dish unless absolutely necessary)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I'd try the SW update. Esp. if the EPG version is'nt at 3.xx.xx etc

If the EPG SW is too out of date only "Other Channels" will work

First
    Go Services 4 0 1 Select (Install Menu)

Check that the LNB settings on the dodgy digi match to "good" digi (In case they got corrupted etc)

The correct kinds of settings:
    LO Low 9.75
    22KHz on
    LNB Power on
    LO High 10.6

Higeshest LOw = 11.7 (Might not be Digibox setting)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

It did not upgrade - was (is) on 3.0.11*
    At this stage looks like a little dish tweaking is in order

Can now get the Icelandic / Russian / Chinese / Dubai stations and some FTA - thought it was power to LNB - but can get a mix of H , V and 10 GHz / 12GHz channels

If at first you don't succeed - get a bigger dish ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

LNB is a grundig - but no green spot

If I turn off the 22KHz in services then it detects the EPG and all the channels appear ... - but of course I can't pick up half the channels on the other band - tried sw upgrade but it did not ...

LNB works fine with the grundig..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Icehouse

>>Icelandic / Russian / Chinese / Dubai stations

Are we talking about Astra at 28°2 here or not? I was not aware of Russian channels if so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Me neither and I know of someone who would be really impressed if I could get them Russian TV. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

There *IS* russian TV on Hotbird or Astra19, Hotbird 13 I think.

It is encrypted.

But all the TV card hack sites seem to be run by Russians...

Hmm.

I'm sure most Russians arn't interested in the Czech channels on Eurobird 28.5 if thats's what you're thinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Originally posted by watty
    I'm sure most Russians arn't interested in the Czech channels on Eurobird 28.5 if thats's what you're thinking.

Why would I be thinking that?

So for now it's just Euronews in Russian* on Astra 2 then.

* Go into Services->Languages and set the language to Russian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Icehouse

Then what was/is Capt'n Midnight aiming his dish/dodgybox at then? This thread is not very clear, or is just me?...

Astra 2D low band(ish) 'cos I get no signal if I allow the 22KHz tone to be ON in the 401 services LNB setup menu.

Have turned off anything I can think of that might use power - audio / background music / stereo / rf output etc..

Since the EPG is on 11.778 and it is supposed to turn on the tone at 11.700 am a little confused... (OK I do know that LNB's will go above 11,700 quite happily - used to use that trick when sharing feeds to keep the 22KHz off so the analog box wouldn;t drop when you change more channels on the digital one)

ie. it is not a simple 22KHz tone missing problem

=====================

Same transponder as RUV - 10729 V tp 42 - DVB 22000 - 5/6 Some tourist program in English and lots of pictures of Putin etc.

Advertisement