Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bike tyres

Options
  • 12-05-2003 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Is anyone else outthere trying to get bike tyres at the mo? I'm waitin on a set of bridgestone BT020's for the last two weeks. I've been told theyare on back order with bridgestone? The place where I want to get them done has no tyres to fit the reaer (17in 160/60) at all.

I think it's a bit rediculous that anyone should have to wait this long for a set of tyres their a huge international company, cant even supply these tyres within two weeks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

Is this where you tried? http://www.thebiketyreco.com/main.html

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I never noticed problems with delays. It's the price I'm more worried about. New front tyre for my bike a few weeks back came in at €105 (ex VAT) :eek:

I put two brand new tyres on my old Punto for less than that.

WTF is the story there?

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Silent Bob

Originally posted by seamus
    I never noticed problems with delays. It's the price I'm more worried about. New front tyre for my bike a few weeks back came in at €105 (ex VAT) :eek:

I put two brand new tyres on my old Punto for less than that.

WTF is the story there?

Fewer people buy bike tyres than car tyres, also bike tyres generally have to 'work' harder than car tyres. Bike tyres are expected to continue to give grip/maintain shape etc. while cranked over on their ear.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Kazujo

Well it's gonna cost me 370 to get the new bridge stones on my bandit, once I can actually get the tyres! The tryes are also a different compond which has better grip but wares down faster then a cars which makes them more expensive ontop of the smaller market and other things mentioned.

I'm just ticked taht it's taking brigdestone sooo long to get the tyres in, but I've been told that there is a general shortage of my size of rear tyre at the mo

Originally posted by Kazujo
    but I've been told that there is a general shortage of my size of rear tyre at the mo

That's got to be a load of bull, the Bandit is one of (if not the) most popular bikes in Britain/Ireland.
    Surely they'd know this and stock enough?

• Advertisement

Well I wnat to get bridge stones specificaly but I also asked if they had anything to fit and they said no, I cant see them throwing away a sale of atleast €350 for the sake of a white lie.

Bridge stonenbhave been out of stocka nd on back order of my tyres for over two weeks that is from 4 different bike shops checkin.

Any idea on what bike shops/tyre co's are liek for fitting tyres you didn't purchase form them, eg will they do it at all? and how much extra will they charge

Originally posted by Kazujo
    Any idea on what bike shops/tyre co's are liek for fitting tyres you didn't purchase form them, eg will they do it at all? and how much extra will they charge

Sorry, not a clue.

Despite what you might think I don't own a bike, I've wanted to own one since about age 18 but couldn't afford the insurance (had to make do with a scooter last year). Now I won't be able to get one till I'm 25 if the insurance co.s get their way.

heard good news I'm gettin my tyres tomorrow, on the point of insurance as far as I know the insurance companies are uppin the price in june

Advertisement