Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IGNs Top 100

Options
  • 12-05-2003 8:43pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Have to say that I can't agree with most of IGN's new 100. However the fun of these lists is not agreeing with them.

1. It reads more like a most influential games list than a best of list. The inclusion of classic yet badly dated games seems to agree with me. Games such as Wolfenstein 3D and Ms. Pac.

2. Wheres all the scrolling shooters! No R-type, no Lords of Thunder, no thunderforce and I think axelay is way down the list.

3. What the hell is Halo doing in a top 100.

4. Unforgivably FFVII is not included. What are they thinking.

5. FFVI is way down the list as is FFX (arguably the best of the series along with FFVII and FFVI was probably the first game with a moving and engaging story) but FFIV is in the top 10. While FFIV is a great game is badly flawed and FFIII(jp) which preceded it is in all ways a better game.

Advertisement