Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Binary Postcount

Options
  • 12-05-2003 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭

Is there any chance I could have my post count displayed in binary? Yes I know I'm a nerd for requesting this but I just saw my post count had hit 1024 and I thought would it be class if it read 100000000.

/me looks for where he put his pocket protect0r.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Thorbar
    Is there any chance I could have my post count displayed in binary? Yes I know I'm a nerd for requesting this but I just saw my post count had hit 1024 and I thought would it be class if it read 100000000.

/me looks for where he put his pocket protect0r.

First, you're missing two zeros (10000000000 not 100000000).

Second, with the three posts since, now it's 10000000011 (which doesn't look nearly as sexay)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Actually I would be interested in seeing my name in hexadecimal tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Cheque please.

/me motions to the maitre'd

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Originally posted by Dustaz
    Cheque please.

/me motions to the maitre'd
    Neh problemmy. Your cheque is 101 yoyo's. BTW did you know only 10 ppl in the world understnd the binary system!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

or even 110010 yoyos?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Sorry for my outburst of nerdiness. I still think it would be class to have my postcount in binary but I suppose its a bit of an obscure request.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Hobart
    BTW did you know only 10 ppl in the world understnd the binary system!!
    <cough>
    I think the joke is more on the lines of:
    "There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who know binary and those who don't"

No higher on the funny scale but a lot higher on the "making bleedin sense scale":)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

This has a certain geeky allure to it that is hard to come by. Yes please.

Nearly worth it alone for when a newbie looks at his post count after his second post..

<edit: oooh.. and why not go the whole hog and have the "Date Registered" changed from calender to epoch? G'wan g'wan g'wan..>

Advertisement