Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wee Free Men...

Options
  • 12-05-2003 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭

Anyone read it yet? and is it anygood?

I kno its a kids dw book, but maurice was a decent read regardless :).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Has Nac Mc Feegle in it so it can't be too bad. Ya know them pictsies with a scottish accent that were in Carpe Jugulum. I would imagine that they may tone down the nearly swearing that they do though for a kid's book.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

snaflin' coobestie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

they were also in Lords and Ladies and apprently they are the only thing Greebo is afraid of.

Go on the Wee Free Men ..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Ah, the Nac Mac Feegle. The funniest bit of Carpe Jugulum. I only saw it on sale the other day, and instantly thought "I WANT THAT!" They were like thousands of tiny Foul Ole Ron/Truckle hybrids... :D

I dunno about Maurice being that much of a kid's book. All he really did was replace the word "P*ss" with "widdle", I read it in one day though...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

ACH! WOOT???
    nay read't yet fer sure d'as a good readin der man tho... ba BIG JOBS AYE!
    ww)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Wahey yersel, ya boggin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

"what the Nac Mac Feegal likes best, is fighting."
    "ach an ould Scumble...drintafa!"
    "sorry, drinking and fighting"
    "an Snafflin Coobeastie!!"
    "drinking, fighting, AND stealing cows."
    "aye...BIG JOBS!"

:D definitly the best bit of Carpe Jugulum.
    i make it a point to finish every discworld book, as i normally have no problem, but do you think this book was a bit sluggish at times?

Advertisement