Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desert Combat 0.35e Out

Options
  • 13-05-2003 12:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Available here The site is been hammered out of it at the moment, but it is the fastest even at 20-30K/sec

Alpha Version 0.35
    Public Alpha Release Notes

The DesertCombat team is pleased to announce the fifth major public alpha of DesertCombat. Since the alpha tests have been so successful, we were able to get valuable feedback and bug reports to make this mod even better, Thank you so much for the support, feedback and donations.

Public Alpha 0.35 features a slew of bug fixes and additions aimed at creating one of the best war game experiences on the PC. In this stage of development each is roughly balanced with some minor advantages to each, making gameplay much more fun and exciting.

.35 Public Release Weapons and Vehicles

** This is not the complete or final list, this is only what is available for the public alpha and more will follow in the next alpha release.

* New in DesertCombat .35

.35 is mainly a balance and bug fix release, while it features some new weapons and features, it supports a wide range of optimizations and balancing adding to the gameplay.

Model Revisions

• New M1A1 heavy tank
    • New M25 sniper rifle
    • New SMAW
    • New AK47
    • New UH-60 minigun
    • New M16
    • New RPG7

New Effects

• New SCUD explosions
    • New Artillary hits on buildings

US

Land

• M1A1 Heavy Tank
    • M2A3 Light Tank
    • MLRS Mobile rocket truck
    • Humvee with a .50 cal machine gun and Supplies
    • Humvee with a Tow launcher
    • M163 Vulcan Mobile AntiAircraft
    • M-109 Mobile Artillery

Air

• A-10 Thunderbolt II
    • A-10 Thunderbolt II Bomber
    • A-10 Thunderbolt II Cluster Bomber *
    • F-16
    • AH-64 Attack Helicopter
    • UH-60 Blackhawk Transport Helicopter
    • AV8b Harrier
    • AC-130 Gunship

Hand Weapons

• M16A2 Assault Rifle
    • New MP5 sub machine gun
    • M9 handgun
    • Remington Shotgun
    • SMAW rocket launcher
    • M249 Machine Gun
    • M25 Sniper Rifle
    • C4
    • M15 LandMine
    • Deployable SandBags
    • Deployable Mortar
    • Stinger Missle

IRAQ

Land

• T-72 Heavy Tank
    • Shilka Mobile Antiaircraft
    • BDRM2 (amphibious)
    • BDRM2 Spandrel (amphibious) *
    • BM21 Multiple launch rocket truck
    • M-1974 Amphibious Artillery
    • SCUD Launcher
    • Stationary ZPU anitaircraft machine gun

Air

• Mig29
    • SU-25 Ground Attack Plane
    • M124d Hind attack Helicopter

Hand Weapons

• AK-47
    • AK7-SU
    • Browning Hipo Handgun
    • RPG7
    • Saiga12k Shotgun
    • PKM Heavy Machine gun
    • Scorpion sub machine gun
    • Tabuk Sniper Rifle
    • C4
    • M15 LandMine
    • Deployable Mortar
    • Antipersonel mines*
    • Deployable Sandbags

Misc. weapons

• Maverick Missiles
    • AMRAAM missiles
    • Hellfire missiles
    • Hyrda missiles
    • MK83 large Bombs
    • SnakeEye Bombs
    • SCUD Rockets
    • AS-7 Bombs
    • Cluster Bombs*
    • Tomahawk Cruise missle*

_

.35 Public New Maps

A new addition to DesertCombat is DC LostVillage, this is a great new map to experiance team play. It places the US only armed with BlackHawk helicopters while the Iraq side owns a small village. See if you can take it over.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Whoot, nice one, cant wait to give it a go, Ill leave it downloading now when I head of to school :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

A 187 megs dl, for another letter next to 0.3, sheesh ill wait till its on pczone in a couple of months, cant be bothered really

Shin

Not that many moticable changes in this version, the new map is ok, no viechles at all except for 3 black hawks at coalition spawn, its very small aswell.

The Stinger isnt great, exactly the same as the Parallelworld one. Nice new mp5 model, new RPG and m14 are horrable tho. The new BRDM is quite cool, havent seen any of the new planes about tho.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt
    rofflie.

53 Hours on meh 1mb cable? Hammered is not the word for what that site is suffering :)

I think Ill wait till its hosted at bygames.... here

Looking forward to playing it though.

I do hope it does not distract me too much from my holy work on Boardsie.

Much quicker to download there

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Installing now, knowing my luck, DC still won't load :(

My luck DC still refuses to load :(
    I'#ve uninstalled and restalled the game an all

Did you get my pm mercury, very nice of you to volunteer to burn it for me, nearly had a heart attack when i tried to dl it last night and saw itd take 53 hours to download

looking forward to playing it if ESATS netsmart lag probs have been sorted out

has flying the welly choppers been improved in this release as all i seem to do in them is go around in a circle and crash

most annoying

shin

• Advertisement

ok m8 nps

whyd ye need me age, im 31 btw

LOL

Shin

Damn No british amatures, sheesh damn me for not updating my profile

Ah well chocks away old chap

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Ah yes. they release the largest thing possible.
    Once i get it on CD tomorrow *looks at Incubus* and install it this weekend i will go mad.... totally mad. Cant wait for .4 :D

Originally posted by Lenny
    My luck DC still refuses to load :(
    I'#ve uninstalled and restalled the game an all
    At what time does it crash out?
    If its when you go to 'custom game' and try to activate DC, I know how to fix that one :)
    (same applies to if it crash's when you try to join a DC server while running BF1942).

OK, I've sorted out the crashin problem..
    the only problem left is that dc on't run, if I select it from the start menu, nothing loads, if i try to load it from in bf using the custom game, the game just exits.
    really annoying I can't play no :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭vac

3) no one on IRC knew what age you were so no british amatures from oxford for you.

4) Your getting a few episodes of invader Zim instead

5) giving you DOD 1.0 too to show you how good DC really is.

rofl, classic. :)

Originally posted by Lenny
    , if i try to load it from in bf using the custom game, the game just exits.

Oki dokey, that happens me aswell, and its simple to fix.

Make a copy of your BF1942 shortcut thats on your desktop (if there isnt one, make one). Then go right click > Properties, and in the target line put this in at the end (dont put it in " 's)

+game DesertCombat

IF your DC file isnt called DesertCombat, change that to whatever your DC file is called, it should load straight into DC now.

My final target line looks like this:

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\BF1942.exe" +game DesertCombat

orked like a charm, really appreacated ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

When i started flying the choppers i was horrible, then i didnt play dc for about 3 days went to a lan and played on a mates computer and i can cap points in it and all now, its real weird. (its not just his pc, i can do it on my own now, even with only 10 fps) :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

I'm sure this is a silly question but Is there any way to make it work with bf 1.3 or do I have to downgrade to 1.2? I can get to a stage where its loaded the mod and starts a game and the map comes up and it crashes out. searches online only throw up a patch for dc 2 to make it work with 1.3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Impurity

does the new update fix the problem of choppers taking off from aircraft carriers?

Originally posted by Impurity
    does the new update fix the problem of choppers taking off from aircraft carriers?
    yes.

I heard choppers are really easy to fly now, which is a bit dissapointing. I liked the idea of it taking at least some skill to fly them. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt
    ehhhh It works fine with 1.3.

Did you have the prior DC update? You had to delete the first ever DC folder for the instalation.

Problem was I was testing it by going into instant battle which doesnt work. Multiplayer does. I knew I was doing something stupid. :-)
    Originally posted by vac
    I heard choppers are really easy to fly now, which is a bit dissapointing. I liked the idea of it taking at least some skill to fly them. :/

Thats a dissapointment the one thing that really struck me as ultra faithful to gulf war 2 was the high number of helicopter crashes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Myg

Everything in this game has always been easy to fly/use, so stop complaining!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by vac

Operation.
    Flashpoint.

• Advertisement

Everything in this game has always been easy to fly/use, so stop complaining!

Hush.
    Well either My joy stick has had its day... or I need to re adjust to this so called "easy flying" or its got a lot harder IMO.

Well im just going on what i heard, guess ill have to get the patch and see for myself.
    Operation.
    Flashpoint.

Might try that actually, i've only ever played the demo which i thought wasn't great at the time.

Advertisement