Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beers101! (suggestion for Boards Events forum)

Options
  • 13-05-2003 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

amp and I had one of those moments...

no not one of THOSE moments, - one of those great minds thinking alike moments.

AH yes, I hear you think.

Well we think that a 'signup list' a-lá Room101 would be handy on the Boards Events forum. It'd be for the "who's going to the next beer?" polls, and would be far better than just having a "who's going?" poll, tbh.

I guess to code it, it'd be like a poll but different in that it'd not a secret ballot... or something.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Three thumbs up, tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

*hup* / example :D

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

What advantage would it have?

I understand the idea I'm just not sure what benefit it brings or if thats sufficent to justify it... I suppose we could talk to MP and ask him for the code etc :)

DeV.

I'm thinking the advantage would be that you'd see exactly WHO is going rather than just a number. In that way you'll know if your mates are going and people needn't ask repeatedly (on IRC or whatever) "so, who's going?!"...

It might reduce the heavy babble in Boards Events. I don't mind the babble that much but Whitewashman seems to get a bit grumpy about it.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

now show me something that WWMan doesnt put his grumpy-head on for.

DeV.

Originally posted by DeVore
    now show me something that WWMan doesnt put his grumpy-head on for.

DeV.

Boards Beer? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Originally posted by DeVore
    What advantage would it have?

I understand the idea I'm just not sure what benefit it brings or if thats sufficent to justify it... I suppose we could talk to MP and ask him for the code etc :)

DeV.
    ... or you could simply go to the site and sign up..

Its perfect for the job imho. Im actually working on an 'insite system' so people can use it within their sites and make it look like their own site.

Anything I can do to help, let me know.

MindPhuck you are SO 'the man'! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

hows this -

http://www.room101.org/temp/room101-boards1.jpg

users can select their own style or it can be forced for a particular web site. Could be easily dropped into a frame for users here..

• Advertisement

Mmm teh sexy. I think we should use this for the next big beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i have no problem with babble, i just dont feel it neccesary to fill up a thread on who is going to a beer bash with random topics as often happens.
    if theres a page that gives the name of those who have signed up, then cool, its a good guide line

Advertisement