Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD player maintainance

Options
  • 13-05-2003 10:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭

I have a dvd player that lately has begun to skip periodically (this happens on several different discs). Is there any product on th e market that cleans a dvd (much in the same way that you have vcr tape cleaners)?

Cheers

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Any decent cd cleaner will do the trick for the lens.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Milkman

I have the same problem, my DVD player is fine with DVD's but is getting an annoying habit of skipping on audio cd's. I have cleaned it many times, but am I wrong in thinking that there is more than one thing to clean in a cd player?

M.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

there may be a different laser for cd and dvdif that is the case you probs have to get a cleaner for each one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

i thought dvds had two lazers?? isn't there a second lazer in the ps2. I cant say for sure as i only opened it to clean it, but i remember thinkin is that a second lazer.........that about the only thing with dvd capabilities that ive opened so i dunno really....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

lens != laser :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭SCULLY

CD cleaner seemed to do the trick - cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

there are 2 lenses bcos a diff lens reads then cd than the dvd so u can get a dvd lense cleaner for the dvd lense

Advertisement