Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Juventus or Real

• 13-05-2003 10:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭

Which Team do you think will reach the champions leagus final ?

1) Juventus
    2) Real Madrid

Who'll reach the champions league final? 8 votes

Juventus
    0% 0 votes
    ReadMadrid
    100% 8 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

It's a hard decision but I'm gona go with Real because I think Juve's lack of dicipline will cost them. Firstly they went into the first tie with their two inner midfielders suspended. tehy defended superbly at times but lacked the creativity in midfield.

Now going into the second leg they have their two CM's back but they are missing their two centre backs. Now they will have the creativity going forward but we all know what Real can do on the break or in attack with their world class players and with Juve's first choice centre halves out who will stop them.

But that's only my opinion, I could be totally wrong:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Will Go with Juventus,Defending is an art form which they have perfected,and with treque(sp?) the french lad :) and del piero up front, as well as the away goal i can see them sneaking it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I think Real are a much better team but you never know in a one off game. I figured United would be able to overcome a two goal deficit and I think juve can overcome a one goal deficit but Real must be favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Something tells me that Juve will sneak it. Probly be 2-1 after 90 minutes and Juve will get the winner in extra time. Real are 'falling apart', they've given away a 4 point lead in the Primera Liga in the last two games. Obviously their minds are on the Champions League, but I think they'll still come up short on the night.
    AC Milan V Juve will be the final. Maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭turbo

Go on The Juve!!

Del Piero will finally get his act together and score the winner!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I've said it after the quarter finals and I'm still saying it now, its going to be a AC Milan vs Real Madrid Final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

Think Juve will win it 3-1

The poll is favouring Juve!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

no chance of penos now anyway> 3-0 Juve :D

Juve 2 Madrid 0 [3-2agg] Half-time score

wow. I totally did not see that coming.

then again, Juve did just win the Scudetto at the weekend again whyle Madrid's league play is rather poor.

Bring on the second half!

Originally posted by Kaimera
    no chance of penos now anyway>

Juve 2 Madrid 0 [3-2agg] Half-time score

wow. I totally did not see that coming.

then again, Juve did just win the Scudetto at the weekend again whyle Madrid's league play is rather poor.

Bring on the second half!
    Yes there is, if Real score one more and it ends 2-1 there could be penalties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

3-0 now.

Why, why, why, whywhy did Figo take the peno? He's been out of the game all night and he's never been a natural finisher. And Montero should be off too, even without being booked already, he was the last defender.

Ah well, Nedved just got booked so he's gonna miss the final which is good news for Milan anyway :]

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

yeeey!!!

Originally posted by B-K-DzR
    Think Juve will win it 3-1
    Pld!

Yes :D

Great win for Juve

pity about Nedved missing the final though

Del Piero finally rose to the ocasion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Normally have no time for Italian football but Juve were quality and
    made the "best club side in the world" look pretty damn ordinary. They should have bought macca on sooner! :P

Was the Juve manager not a fool for keeping Nedved on, given that he was on a Yellow all night? They'll miss his speed.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

man o man i should stuck a bet on :p

Was an enjoyable enough game, nedved was great as usual :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Damnit.. I had a bet on Trezeguet to score first and juve to win 3-0
    Damn you zidane!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Tis gonna be an intruiging final methinks. Del Piero looked back to his best last night, and Juve's defense was brilliant as usual. How Montero didn't get sent off I'll never know! Bloody ridiculous.
    I'm rooting for AC Milan anyway as I've supported them almost as long as the mighty 'Pool. First all-Italian European Cup final ever, hard to believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by Repli
    Damn you zidane!!!

omg hate that :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Originally posted by Repli
    Damn you zidane!!!
    Ooooh! What odds did you have on that combo? :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

38/1 (the odds were originally higher but it was betting in running) Ughhh I don't even wanna think what it would have returned.....

Advertisement