Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSL/V.92 question

Options
  • 13-05-2003 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭

I apologise for my complete lack of knowledge on the line rental issue.

If you have DSL - can you make phone calls and surf the net at the same time?

Is anybody using the v.92 chip thing?

I am renting 2 lines at the moment - I must try and reduce it by one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Is there no Topic you wont stray Off cork?:)

Yes, you can use the phone and use the net at the same time with xDSL.

As to the v.92 thing, i used to know, but i seem to have forgotten. I dont think all ISP's use it but afaik there is one or two.

More a nets/comms question.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

UTVip have supposedly upgraded their modems to v92 but after running some commands on Hyperterminal after many connections if seems I constantly get connected to a v90 modem at their end. I have a v92 modem but unfortunatly haven't been able to reap the benefits of it yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

Is anybody using the v.92 chip thing?

Modem on Hold
    Modem on Hold "suspends" your online session for incoming calls and returns to your online activities after your conversations without redialling. (Please note that Call Waiting service from your phone company is required.)

Quick Connect
    Quick Connect "remembers" line conditions from the previous session, bypasses portions of the training sequence, and gets you online faster. Reduce your dial-up connection time as much as 50%!

V.PCM
    This enhancement makes the online experience faster and better for those who need to send information as well as just surf the Web. If you are a gamer, you'll be able to send your commands at greater speed than your opponents who have outdated modems! V.PCM Upstream reaches upstream speeds up to 48 Kbps and lets you choose either the fastest downstream speed (up to 53 Kbps) or a "balanced" connection of downstream and upstream communication

All the above ripped from US RoboticsUS Robotics

tribble

Advertisement