Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jimi Hendrix Exp Bassist Dies

Options
  • 13-05-2003 12:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭

Rock musician Noel Redding, best known for his stint as the bassist of the Jimi Hendrix Experience, was found dead yesterday (May 11) at his home in Co. Cork of unknown causes, his manager Ian Grant has confirmed. He was 57. Redding, an accomplished guitarist based in the U.K., joined Hendrix's band in 1966 and played on the three Jimi Hendrix Experience albums -- writing two songs as well as playing bass -- before parting ways with the legendary guitarist in 1969.

For many years Redding had been locked in a court battle as he attempted to recover unpaid royalties for his work with Hendrix.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Little Wing

x
    RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Another legend dead. Never liked his singing but his bass playing was always bang on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭stez

Yeah, Fire is some of the most amazing bass playin ever. I'd also like to note that it was Robert Nesta Marley's anniversary the same day, he died on the 11th May 1981....R.I.P. Bob & Noel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭tiggertigger

respect to the man with the afro
    i never got to see him play his
    regular thing in de barras.
    can't believe he was that young...
    makes you think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭joey D

maybe an opportunity for a special Album Archive show?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Saint-dotsie

hmm i dont think he was that good i was always mesmerised why jimi had him in his band,maybe cos the whole tight but loose rhythm thing was 60s music,it would have been deadly if John entwistle was the bass player for hendrix(ever noticed the similarites in the who and the experienxes rhythm sections)
    but no disrespect meant he put down some good tracks when he wasnt in the pub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 skinnybassist

R.I.P.

is this dotsie who used ot be in kashmir soul?

Advertisement