Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Robson to Manage Palace!!

• 13-05-2003 12:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭

Bryan Robson is expected to take the vacant managers job at Crystal Palace(pride of london)....

A lot of fans see it as a negative move, bringing in a manager with a poor premiership record.. What does anyone else think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

has he managed ny1 other than boro? cos he did nothing with huge resources there... other than promotion and i don't think palace have the same financial clout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I think he can do a good job at that kind of club. Palace fans should bear in mind that they are not in the premiership and have not exactly been knocking on the door for that matter. In his time at Middlesboro he got them promoted twice, to an FA Cup final and I think 2 but definitely 1 League cup final. I know they also got relegated under him but there are plenty of manager out there who got jobs after relegation. Look at Alan Ball who got something like 7 of the nine clubs he managed relegated, and Southhampton had a lst day of the season rescue under him otherwise it would have been 8 from 9 clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Hold on a minute, Middlesboro managed to lose every one of those finals. Robson managed to spend 25m+ on the likes of Emerson, Ravanelli and Juninho and still got them relegated. Granted they did have three points deducted but the fact is they shouldn't have been anywhere near the relegation zone for that outlay of money. He, then, spent big again only to have to bring in Terry Venables to save them from relegation yet again. I don't see how that track record could be considered good.

Advertisement