Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mouseover effect

Options
  • 13-05-2003 12:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

I have a photograph of several people and I would like to create a mouseover effect that show text with each person's name in the photograph. Is this possible ? (and how) Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Certainly doable.

Would probably involve image mapping and rollovers.

If you don't know already, do google searches on "Image Maps HTML" and "Javascript Rollovers".

Then have a look at this.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Do you mean on a webpage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭dosfromclare

Thanks for the input...Yes it's on a webpage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭endanagle

you could use a combination of javascript and layers...

you just put in your image and have an image map....

for each then you have an onmouseover event which shows the corresponding layer...

pretty much as it was shown in the site seamus showed..

Mission accomplished ! Thanks for the help. I was able to do it in Frontpage using hotspots but I had to use alt <"string"> to force the alternative text for each hotspot. But it worked great.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

well done - pity the rest of your page will be wrecked because you used frontpage!

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

Originally posted by kbannon
    well done - pity the rest of your page will be wrecked because you used frontpage!

*lol*:D

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Jaeger

Came across a much better way of doing this a few months ago. Alt text looks crap and you can't format it.

http://www.bosrup.com/web/overlib

The explanation isn't that great, if you need any help on it post back here.

edix:

If you wanted to make different mouseovers for each person in the photo (it's a group photo I assume), it's not much more work to do that too.

Thanks Jaeger.

I have looked at it and it's much better. Worked a treat.

Thanks all for the help, I'll suffer on with Frontpage.

Advertisement