Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

E4 interactive for BB4? Doesn't look like it....

• 13-05-2003 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi

Does anyone know if BB4 with be interactive with a Sky Sub in the ROI this year on E4?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Koyaanisqatsi

Last year it was available only on UK Sub (E4) and Wales FTV card (Channel 4). The Irish Sub was blocked on E4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

However, E4 did say that the interactive service would be available in Ireland this year. I can't remember if it was in the magazine or in backchat. If anyone can remeber where they said it we should ask them if it is going to be the case.

As far as i can remember it was a question on Back chat.
    I'll believe it when i see it.

And now that I have Broadband here and things are zooming in like lightning, I might even look at their extra camera's on the website...
    just out of curiosity...you see i was never really mad...,but sad... :D
    mm
    Err maybe I won't...

Cool !!!

How fast is the broadband running at?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ghostds9

Hi

I am using Broadband as well 1MB downlaod and 256KB upload.

• Advertisement

I must say that I am very tempted to get the IOL offer that's available at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Viewers should be paid to (Edit: I meant FOR) watch "reality TV" shows..

Originally posted by ShaneOC
    Cool !!!

How fast is the broadband running at?
    as I got it running only last night and I'm a bit sleepy today, I haven't really checked,but it took about 8 minutes to download the full version of netscape 7 :)

To go on topic :D I'm wondering what that will do for Big brother.. :)
    mm

I haven't watched anything on E4 for a while. Are they showing Banzai interactive over here?

If not I can't see them having BB interactive here either.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by ShaneOC
    I haven't watched anything on E4 for a while. Are they showing Banzai interactive over here?

Funny you should mention that as I have watched a few new episodes of Banzai, and had no option to interact! But at the time I just assumed it wasn't interactive at all. I hadn't thought that maybe it was only interactive in UK. Hmmm still waiting to get my UK sub.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

is Banzai still interactive in the UK :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

I remember seeing that they promised to have BB interactive in Ireland this year, and I think it was in the mag and on backchat.
    It's amazing how few interactive features there are, it's funny that Irish companies work on the Interactive backbone/content for programs that aren't available in Ireland, nothing unusual there I suppose

Shane OC,
    don't be too quick to jump on the Broadband bandwagon - IOL just like Eircom tie you into a 12 month contract, and if you fancy actually taking advantage of a broadband connection (i.e. looking at streaming content, or even downloading lots of stuff) it's certainly not a good package, they have a 5GB download cap on the service (Eircom's is 4GB), Netsource have no cap - but there seem to be connection problems there aswell, really IMO it's too early to get it, see how the land lies in 4-5 weeks, after people have been using services for a while and the pitfalls are more clearly recognised - also UTV said they'll announce their plans soon.....

I'm only tempted at the moment. It will be a small while before I get around to getting it.

Back to BB Interactive...

Now that Channel 4 have removed one of the Film 4 channels there should be space on the transponder for the interactive stuff. Maybe we will get it this year. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭TVDX

I wouldnt hold my breath,
    as firstly, for BB2, the only series that was interactive on E4 in Ireland so far, it took about a week or two to even get it in the first place, so launch night of BB wont automatically give us this answer, well have to wait longer.

Secondly, if i was a fan and had an ROI sky sub card and no FTV card, i would be getting very worried indeed.

Unlike with BB2 and like last year, once again E4 will NOT be showing any of the higlights shows, or the eviction nights, and BBLB will not be live exclusively on E4, but just repeated later on,
    from a glance at the schedule, it appears that E4 is simply Big brother Live, if you dont get me, this means that you basically wont get the full picture with just an ROI sub card, and you will miss loads. You wont even see Davina, happy you got Sky now, probably not i would say.

Originally posted by TVDX
    You wont even see Davina

not a bad thing IMO

byte

Hehehe! That's true! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 skyeye

whats E4's problem... you'd think they would be delighted to earn a few bucks now that ireland is fully interactive by getting irish viewers to vote by the red button.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭TVDX

Well, we dont know for certain yet whether or not it will be interactive here in the ROI, theres now no reason why it shouldnt be, Sky Active is Active, theres extra transponder space with the removal of some Film Four Channels.

All in all they dont have any reason not to give it to us,
    and i hear that on FTV cards if you go to C4 Active,
    theres some Big Brother content so you can get an idea what it might look like.

BTW, if you read this, i remember Irish Byte mentioning about getting a UK subscription, its off topic, but how did you go about getting this?.
    Is it through a relative or some kind of agent?,
    if you get that soon, there is no doubt whether or not YOU will get BB interactive.

byte

Originally posted by TVDX
    BTW, if you read this, i remember Irish Byte mentioning about getting a UK subscription, its off topic, but how did you go about getting this?.
    Is it through a relative or some kind of agent?,
    if you get that soon, there is no doubt whether or not YOU will get BB interactive.

Yes I got it through a relative in Scotland. Very handy! Waiting on card at the moment (posted last Tuesday).

Indeed, I would probably be able to access E4 interactive but I won't be able to vote or anything via the red button as it will try dialing a UK number. Though as my digibox has seldom been connected to a digibox, this won't be much of a problem for me! :) Anyway, there is an English Sub discussion thread elsewhere.

Back on topic, has anyone emailed E4 or C4 to confirm if interactive BB will be available in ROI?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

I'm quoting SkyUser from the DigitalSpy Forum -

"Good News.

After ringing SKY and they said that it will be working from tomorrow night when BB starts and that we will get all the same stuff as UK.

The guy sounded very confident about it as if he new what he was talking about!"

Sounds promising, but we'll know for sure tomorrow night.

it is wait and see. it wouldn't surprise me if it didn't come on though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnnyq

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    it is wait and see. it wouldn't surprise me if it didn't come on though

Me either, We didn't E4 interactive for other things also Like Bamzai etc

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I spoke to some lady in C4 this afternoon and she told me that this years BB would not be interactive in the ROI as is it because we get a different region of E4 here in the ROI. She also said that there technical team were considering making a decision shortly as regards some parts of the interactive services being available but at the moment no decision had been made.

I explained to her that someone from C4/E4 released a statement last year explaining why the interactive services were not available and that they would be available for next years show. She said that she found this hard to believe that somebody from within C4E4 could make a decision like that especially due to the fact that C4 do not have a licence to broadcast in ROI.

Someone may be able to confirm this but wasn’t there something on Backchat last year also, mentioning that the interactive facilities would be available here for next years show.

I suppose we will have to wait and see but I would'nt hold my breath.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭DaveH

yes it was on Backchat, and it was in the customer magazine.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭irishdeej

Well, we have our answer at last. What stupid reason will E4, have for us this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Threads merged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Start the campaign guys.

i am not that bothered about it.

bigbrother@channel4.com

i am in shock. more bull**** from the folks at Sky and Channel 4. i feel faint :mad:

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    i am in shock. more bull**** from the folks at Sky and Channel 4. i feel faint :mad:
    I guess this would be a bad time to say, that the kid in me went and paid for the website broadband coverage:D
    It's err at the moment...,not very interesting...except that Ray guy has just said he's paying £2000 a month for a house in Galway:eek:
    They are talking about mortgages...,guess it will be a while before the sun's paying up this year...:p
    mm

it is very boring. i have S4C on in the background and they are talking about girlfriends/boyfriends :rolleyes:

byte

Well I was using the interactive section of BB2003 this evening (via my new UK sub ;) ) and little has changed. The only difference I noted is that instead of the 4 screens being displayed, it only displays 2 at a time, press yellow to change audio between the 2 screens, and press blue to change between live and delayed footage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnnyq

I got an idea
    couldn't we tune in the english E4 and get the interactive through that ?????????

Originally posted by johnnyq
    I got an idea
    couldn't we tune in the english E4 and get the interactive through that ?????????
    no that won't work,you need your irish card to view it and you won't have the red button to press as it's the epg software that directs your digibox to do that, and as you'll be running the Irish version...no red button.
    even if you manually tuned in E4, with an English card( mind you if you had that you wouldn't bother doing that anyhow unless you hate the red dog!), you'd still have no red button as it's only on the EPG channel surf that you get that option.

However, if you have a ftv card and have the UK EPG, you can go to the blue subscribe screen on 205 and quickly swap cards.
    This will turn on the UK version of E$ with the red button.
    Unfortunately you will only see the front page on loading and will be quickly reminded that you are not a British resident when you go selecting the screens :(
    *edit* only if you haven't received your new Irish card yet-I haven't.
    mm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

it is very boring. i have S4C on in the background and they are talking about girlfriends/boyfriends
    Big Brother might be boring, but its not that boring.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 gmidgely

Well I emailed sky, really pi**ed of with them about BB4 Interactive not available and the reply I got.

Dear Mr Midgley

Thank you very much for your email enquiry. Unfortunately, we can not comment regarding the interactive services on other channels. Sky Active is now fully available in Ireland and other services such as games and sky bet are available. I would suggest you contact Channel 4 direct regarding this service.

Regarding your comment that this was confirmed on BackChat, all I can say that we seeked advice from Channel 4 and E4 direct and they released a press statement, please take this up with E4 directly.

Once again thanks for your email, we hope that we answered your query with a sufficient response

Customer Services
    Sky

Well thats a load of CRAP!! Not a HAPPY PERSON with SKY!! Dont care that Sky Active is available in Ireland, I dont want to Bet and I dont want to play games, I wanna see BB4 On Sky.

Tut tut, (im annoyed)

byte

Well so far I have very seldom used the interactive service. Isn't much good, IMO. The audio blanks are still bugging me! :(

Out of curiousity, does the audio get blanked on the website stream?

Also, i have noticed that the German Big Brother is on too! Spotted it today on MTV2 Pop! I think it's on RTL2 also. Pity I cannot understand much of what they're talking about!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭pbirney

Originally posted by irishgeo
    Start the campaign guys.

i am not that bothered about it.

bigbrother@channel4.com
    I sent an email to the above, and received the following:

"This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

theeditor@bigbrother.endemoluk.com"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 skyeye

got the same message... looks like they don't wanna hear about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭irishdeej

can we get RTL2 on SKY?

• Advertisement
    byte

Originally posted by irishdeej
    can we get RTL2 on SKY?

No, it's not broadcast on Astra 2. It's broadcast from a different satellite. It's Free to air on Astra 1 at 19ºE

Originally posted by pbirney
    I sent an email to the above, and received the following:

"This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

theeditor@bigbrother.endemoluk.com"

I was listening to the radio this morning. Today FM is the "official" big brother radio station. They have been giving out the number for text voting in association with O2.

Ray D'Arcy is running a competition in which you can win a trip to the evicion night bash each week.

I feel a fix it Friday question coming on. :D

Advertisement