Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Club Tivoli Closed

• 13-05-2003 1:55pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭

What a terrible day, I used to love that place. So many acts have I seen there and had a great time..
    CLUB TIVOLI CLOSED
    In an unfortunate development for Irish clubbing, Club Tivoli has closed, just over a year after it first opened in its current guise. Influx, the main promoters of the venue, have rescheduled most of their upcoming dates to other venues, including Alex Gopher who now appears this Saturday 17th May at Temple Bar Music Centre.

At the moment no specific reasons for the closure have been announced, although the venue had encountered problems with the Gardai with regard to their license - which enabled them to open well into the early hours.

The main men behind the venture - Chris Kelly, Paul Davis and Peter May - revamped the club in early 2002 with the aim of making it one of Irelands leading night spots. The 1200 capacity venue has, in the past year, played host to some of the worlds top Dj's / Producers including Orbital, David Holmes, Dave Clarke, Billy Nasty, Mr C and many more. It was also the Irish home of UK nights Bugged Out! and Cream.

In a press release from Philomena Whyte, of Influx, she states "As you all know The Tivoli has closed and as a result INFLUX have had to find a new home, We are happy to tell you all that all our shows are going ahead as planned in our temporary new home, we have not cancelled any of our shows apart from 1.....We will announce the venue in question on Monday."

Club Tivoli has been at the forefront of the development of dance music in Ireland over the past year, the addition of Drum n Bass in room II on various occassions adding to fair door prices to make it one of the best, most forward thinking, music oreinted night clubs in the country.

All scheduled shows are going ahead including:

DJ Hell 24th May
    Sven Vaeth 30th May
    Lee Coombs & Glen Brady 31st May
    Felix Da Housecat Sunday 1st June
    RGC tour with Andrew Weatherall & Radioactive Man Sat 7th June
    ignition technician, Rooty, Technasia live.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Aye, chronic pain in the bollocks, my favourite club in Dublin by far. Obviously from the reactions on ie-dance I'm not the only one who'll miss the place, I've never had a bad night there.

Luckily enough the Metropolitan is shaping up quite nicely, could be my new venue of choice - the only alternative is the Dead Box :/

At least the Influx crew are still keeping up appearances in the Mucus Centre though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

a group i was involved with were going to run a night in there this year(we ran a few student gigs this year for charity) Tiv offered us great sounding deals but every piece of advice we got is that they wouldn't come through on their promises and they'd shaft us. this may explain why they had reportedly been running out of drink and other such probs as people they had been dealing with were getting wind of stuff like this.

Dublin is def short of quality venues so from that perspective tis a shame...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Thats the first i've heard of that uberwolf.

We had a 3 Euro a drink gig there in March and they came through on the drinks specials.

Shame to see it go. I wonder who'll buy it and what they'll do with it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Originally posted by Sico

Luckily enough the Metropolitan is shaping up quite nicely, could be my new venue of choice - the only alternative is the Dead Box :/

I was lookin forward to seeing sven playing there.. we'll looks like i'll be seeing him in the music centre,

about the metropolitan, yea seems good, going there this thursday to see the hacker playin :D
    5er in, and 2.50 a drink :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭bazza1981

yea great shame alright to see its closed. did you here anything about sven playing in the music centre lenny?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Yes, all Influx gigs are going ahead in tbmc AFAIk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭MAC_E

Lenny are you definete its only E5 in to the metropolitan tomorrow, it says it E10 on entertainment.ie :(

Hmm, maybe its 0E ithout a student card, he played there a fe eeks ago, and it as 5E in,
    AFAIk its a student night for some college in the metro for the hacker anyay, but all is elcome, i'll be bringing my student card and sho it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭MAC_E

Nice one, I have a few of my old cards hanging round in my wallet. E5 shouldnt break the bank for a thurday night. :)

See ya there so :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭piscean

sad day for clubbing alrite, twas a grand place to party alrite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Stimpy

It was my fave club in Dublin, sorry to see it go.

Hopefully the Influx crew will be able to sort out a permanent residency, they pulled in some class acts over the last year and a half.

Suppose we will just have to see who buys the Tivoli - my bet is on the TT management!!!

Advertisement