Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 GPRS Cost

• 13-05-2003 6:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi,

I know that Speakeasy GPRS is free at the moment (I haven't been charged a cent yet). Do post-paid customers have it free aswell? My Dad got a 6610 today and I don't want him getting any surprises in his next bill.

Thanx,

Joe

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi there

O2 GPRS price plans for post-paid customers are here:
    http://www1.o2.ie/products_services/mobile_internet/gprs/price_plans

as far as i know by signing up to one of the inclusive packages you get one months free data (to the size of the package subscribed to)

hth,
    BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭joerules

Thanks,

I saw that on the site but I thought O2 were having a free GPRS trial at the moment for all customers. Was just talking to Customer support (didn't mention anything about Speakeasy being free - don't want to shoot myself in the foot) and she said that if I joined their e7.50 a month package, then the first month would be free. Has anyone been billed for (wap) GPRS yet by O2?

Joe

hi - Speakeasy is supposed to cost 3c KB - some people aren't being charged at the moment though,some info here...

BrianG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

I'm not getting charged still!!

Clocked up €204 worth f downloads. But you know what, it just gets really really boring!

I used to spend ages downloading just cos I knew it was "free".

Originally posted by stereo_steve
    But you know what, it just gets really really boring!

you'd cause a very uncomfortable/paniced feeling with many operators if they heard people saying things that!! ;)

BrianG

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭joerules

I'd second that about it getting a bit boring. I use it to download new ringtones. Other than that I check the news etc.. when I'm bored. When I'll have to pay though, I'll certainly give it up coz it's not worth it (that should worry the networks). But by that time I should have a nice FOMA phone and be checking out the hype about IMode :-) (which actually seems quite expensive).

Joe

Advertisement