Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dark Basic -> C++/Open GL

• 13-05-2003 10:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

BIt of a newbie question here but is Open GL similar to dark basic in the operation of matrixes for landscapes and imporint g models and stuff. All of the basic operations really.

Got the basics of open GL in college this year and I'm playin with dark basic at the mo seems reasonably easy to comprehend, and

I'm gonna move up to C++ and GL once I have the basics of the 3D stuff down.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

zuh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

Originally posted by Kazujo
    matrixes
    Matrices :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭disco_rob_funk

helpful bunch, eh Jim?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Kazujo

I know only advice I'm gettin is grammer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

Open GL doesnt do any model importing at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

Move on to C++.. forget about DarkBAsic! tis sucky.. and not really similar.. or is it, hmm the song remains the same!. But apples will fly some day..:D

Jim I say go and buy yourself a copy of DIV games studio! This thing rocks, even "RAY" figured it out.. you know who I mean.

im not sure but doesnt dark basic's 3d engine work on the basis of Direct3d and not opengl? just a thought.

On a serious note:
    Go to this place and ask your Q?.. you will find the answer. well you might!

http://www.darkbasicpro.com/apollo/forums.php

plus -- Jim if you are interested in doing something, like on a small project scale then give me a shout, I 've a little bit of free time on my hands and would be interested.. A touch of C++ here and a dab of 3dmax there mmmm a masterpiece!

Advertisement