Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esats Bill Murphy Made a speech today.

Options
  • 13-05-2003 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭

Bill Murphy ESAT MD made a speech today where he announced.

"BT is leading the way towards a truly Broadband Britain."

Yes Bill, hello ....look at me, HELLO!! HELLO!!! , but on he went

"BT is now volunteering to share its initiatives with other partners who also wish to see wider access and greater take-up of broadband services, in a truly competitive UK marketplace"

Yo BILL , look at me, what has this got to do with your rollout in Ireland, what are you sharing with us ? Emmm WHAT Initiatives?

"In addition, we will make our 'Broadband Britain Blueprint' available to our competitors who also have responsibilities for creating a broadband-enabled society across the UK," he said. "

But BILL , what about a Broadband Ireland Blueprint, this vision thing is surely a bit misplaced and we want you back on the day job. Maybe he means he will share the blueprint with IBB ? Adam , you are well in with these people, what IS he on about?

Here is a link to the Story .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭shinzon

Originally posted by Muck
    Bill Murphy ESAT MD made a speech today where he announced.

"BT is leading the way towards a truly Broadband Britain."

Yes Bill, hello ....look at me, HELLO!! HELLO!!! , but on he went

"BT is now volunteering to share its initiatives with other partners who also wish to see wider access and greater take-up of broadband services, in a truly competitive UK marketplace"

Yo BILL , look at me, what has this got to do with your rollout in Ireland, what are you sharing with us ? Emmm WHAT Initiatives?

"In addition, we will make our 'Broadband Britain Blueprint' available to our competitors who also have responsibilities for creating a broadband-enabled society across the UK," he said. "
    But BILL , what about a Broadband Ireland Blueprint, this vision thing is surely a bit misplaced and we want you back on the day job. Maybe he means he will share the blueprint with IBB ? Adam , you are well in with these people, what IS he on about?

Here is a link to the Story .

why was he talking about the vision for britain when he was at a forum for ireland

Hmm wonder was he smoking something funny

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

He said all this in Wales, we are not ready to hear this kind of stuff in Ireland so he hopped on a plane and went to Caerphilly instead.

Maybe Phil Nolan could plagiarise the speech, we'd all have a good laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Muck, you should totally go along to these speeches, and shake sh1t up heheh :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Dangger

Lads :rolleyes: , he was in Wales speaking about Wales (not Ireland), Scotland, England, London and the South East, BT's "regions".

Bill Murphy is also the BT regions director for BT in the UK. Fair enough, he has other hats.

This thread really serves no purpose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Phil can PM me when he wants the grand vision thing in his speeches, my services are free.

"Eircom today announced that it will fully back Mary O'Rourkes plan to have 5Mbit into every irish home and business by March 2005 as planned. Eircom have spent the last 3 years undertaking trials on how to do this, time is getting short, we must act now.

Bill Murphy has shared with me how the incumbent monopoly in the UK came to a similar conclusion as to its duty to the citizens of the country that granted it its national monopoly, thank you Bill...it was very touching"

Must tether that pig outside, its getting windy.

M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Gotta say i agree with dangger on this one. Man in charge of area makes rhetorical speech relating to area of his charge.....er, great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Agree with the lads. Not a big deal.

Nice to see he's alive though:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭shinzon

Originally posted by Muck
    He said all this in Wales, we are not ready to hear this kind of stuff in Ireland so he hopped on a plane and went to Caerphilly instead.

Maybe Phil Nolan could plagiarise the speech, we'd all have a good laugh.

Ah that was unclear in the post muck, thought he was in ireland, still, I wish posters in here would stick to irish issues, instead of saying, broadband in outer mongolia is cheaper here than in ireland

Or today Bt anoounced this that and the other thing, its not going to further our cause in ireland anyways, plus eircom would never dream of doing anything like what otrher telcos are doing, theyd never be that helpful

SHIN

the above post is not attacking anyone individually, jusyt a general observation

Advertisement