Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Depressed

• 13-05-2003 10:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Well basically lately ive been getting very depressed.

I know theres a few things causing it

1)about 2 months ago my sisters threw my dad out cause he was having an affair(something i had known about for years but didnt say anything for my moms sake) at the time it was a major shock but i just kinda brushed it aside and ignored it, didnt really have any feelings about it at all, guess that was just the way i coped. Hes back living with us again and everything is getting back to (semi)normal.

2)Lately alot of my mates have been getting GF's and i guess im kinda jelous of them but it also makes me start wondering about myself, yunno "what the hells wrong with me" and stuff. I know its stupid but i cant help it

3)Ive got my LC in 3 weeks time and because of all the stuff at home and my laziness i know i dont have nearly enough done.

Its really strange one day ill be fine and the next totally depressed. I really could do without this at the moment because as ive said ive exams in 3 weeks and when im depressed theres not a hope in hell i can study.

Can anyone gimme a little advice on what to do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

I went through the what the hells wrong with me, lucky for me it finished last summer(also doin leaving)

I'm not gonna tell you to be positive etc... because I know how you feel and how that sh+t never helps. I found out one girl liked me and things have been going great since then, so it really is all about confidence in that respect. Thats the best I can do.

IMO a good way to feel better is to think about the fact that there's much worse off people out there.

What if you did have a girlfriend, things happened and she got pregnant? wouldn't be much fun.

Not very PC but what if you were living in a third world village and all you could worry about was if your skin was going to fall off through malnutrition?

You have friends, some people would be quite jealous of that.

Basically I'm saying a lot of people wouldn't be worried with your troubles.

I'm pretty bolloxed for the leaving myself but we can just try our best and if that fails we repeat next year - Not worth getting depressed over.

Also a girl could be a major distraction, for first few girlfriends there's usually a month or two of hassle before you're actually going out. Makes it f#cking impossible to concentrate on ANYTHING.

I hope this has been of some help and I urge you to try block things out and try get some study done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Drunk pirate

I've been going through that allot lately. The same situation without the Mother, Father thing. Though mine are divorced I don't care. My freind has been fiddling around girls too and I've been very jealous.

I fancy the arse off someone but as he said they discract and somtime you put images in your head and then you just praise the arse of her and then go into a downward spiral of depression thinking that "Your not good enough". Advise, Advise... The best thing for me to do is not stay on your own. I usually get really depressed when I'm on my own and you look like a loner just because you wan't to be on your own to figure things out. "I takes more energy to frown than it does to smile. Yeah we'll it takes more energy to piss me off than to just leave me alone" - Bill Hicks. Can you relate?

Don't fcuking stay on your own whatever you do. I find when I'm with a frend (Make it male for stress sake) everything fades away and it's all focused on having a larf. I have tests too. Just at the wrong time....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

its the LC man, definatley . Main factor .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

One good way to deal with depression is get active - do some exercise of one form or another. That'll boost your energy levels and release some nice brain chemicals that make you feel good :)

Al.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Aye I agree with Trojan, The way to beat it is to keep yourself REALY buzzy, try to get the depressing or paranoid "what the hell is wrong with me" thoughts out of your head, there is nothing wrong with you its your age and stress ! so whenever your feeling down just try to do somthing to take your mind off it, and dont shy away from your frnds while your feeling like this either..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

its the exams, get your head down, figure out what exams you can do well in and what its gonna take to get those marks, put a timetable together for study and stick to it for the 5 or so weeks till they finish. then you'll have gotten rid of the single greatest cause of stress in ur life and be better able to reflect on htings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

the longer you leave it, the worse you will get and the longer youw ill leave it and the worse you will get and the longer you...
    you get the idea.
    go out, get some excersise, get the head down, do some study
    you will be amazed at the difference you will feel once you have done some study.
    i promise you, it will make you feel better.

of course, if youd started study like, a year and half ago.....

Advertisement