Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someones run a script on my Browser...

Options
  • 13-05-2003 11:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭

Downloaded UTV's dialer software and now they've left their crap behind on my browser (IE6). How can i get this out without having to reinstall?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

I assume you mean the "provided by utv" bit in the top of your browser window?

if yes then do the following
    start -> run-> regedit
    do a search (press F3) for the offending text, replace it with whatever you want, repeat until it doesnt find any more instances of it.

or get this if you dont fancy editing your registry

http://www.devicode.com/freeware/iemate.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Nice one, Echomadman.

This has done the trick. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 rez

why do people care about that?

It could be provided by Saddam Hussein for all I care as long as it works :)

=rez=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

<why do people care about that?

It could be provided by Saddam Hussein for all I care as long as it works

=rez=/>

I care cos they have no right to f**k with my software..in this case my copy of IE. I dont want their damn advertising. And remember, if they feel they are entitled to do this sort of thing, what else will they try on.
    As a former customer of AOL & t-online in Germany, using their software to setup a broadband connection slows down the actual connection - just so that they can get their very lucrative (in terms of advertising) homepage in front of you.

Fair enough?:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Subject to your continued adherance to their terms and conditions M$ will allow you to continue to use their copy of IE.
    Note: media player agreement has a ref that says the terms are whatever is currently on the M$ web site !

Then again I usually add the dial up conenctions manually so I can see what's going on... ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement