Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody ever ship a PC internationally?

• 13-05-2003 11:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭

Cos I'm moving to London next week and can't leave it behind :eek:

jk :)

My plan was to get settled over there, then drive my car over with the PC in the back. Lately I've been thinking just how long a drive it is from Cork to London, and was wondering about shipping it.

The first consideration is cost. I've no way to weigh the thing, but I'm guessing with the monitor, case, 4 speakers, subwoofer, joystick, steering wheel, mouse, keyboard, and shedload of CDs, it weighs about 60Kg, but I'm only guessing really. It could be 100Kg for all I know.

The second is packing. I might be able to find a few pieces of foam to wrap some the case and monitor, but basically I've no boxes or packing material. If anybody's shipped a PC before, could they recommend something please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

my sister used Fed Ex to get her pc to England, they are quite reasonable i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Detonated Sauce

Well if it is any help, I ordered my alienware from america. Shipping from fedex cost about 140 dollars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

No offence m8 but flog the moniter unless its a smashin 21 inch monster !!
    thats gonna be the bulk weight of the shipment
    Also i got one shipped from the uk to eire and was only 25 sterling... that was just the base unit and a few extras... not bad i reckon.. sent by regular post 3-5 day with royal mail with extra insurance etc...

got here in the end.. i reckon it gonna cost between 50 and 100 euros to ship it over m8 ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Thanks guys - that's definetly within budget, but does anybody know about packing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Originally posted by Blitzkrieger
    4 speakers, subwoofer,

I'm looking for some speakers at the moment if you decide to sell ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Detonated Sauce

Go down to your local post office/fedex place and ask for one of those huge boxes covered with padding on the inside, they do an excellent job

Advertisement