Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Presale tickets for Radiohead

• 14-05-2003 9:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭

PreSale Tickets available for the Dec 3rd gig from midnight this Thursday at www.waste.uk.com

Dont say i didnt warn u...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭bovril

any ideas on the price? will waste be selling in sterling or yoyos and will there be extra costs for shipping from the UK??

all in all even if they are extra think I will get them to be on the safe side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

I Think i saw somewhere say they were €45. But i could be wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭artvandelay

Is'nt it a bit early to be selling tickets for december ?

Yep, but that hasnt stopped countless other acts doing something similar.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Didn't westlife sell tickets about a year in advance for their string of gigs in the point(I think???) last year or something?It was probably done to make sure that if they lost popularity in the year, they would still have sold all those tickets never the less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

Originally posted by artvandelay
    Is'nt it a bit early to be selling tickets for december ?

It's very simple, MCD get the large bag of cash for the tickets now, and it sits in their bank account until december earning interest until they have to pay radiohead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

http://tickets.waste.uk.com/ has gone titsup under all the pressure of people trying to buy tickets...
    ARGH!

http://tickets.waste.uk.com/ has gone titsup under all the pressure of people trying to buy tickets...

Heh, probably from people like me posting the link around the web...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭bovril

got me tickets, go to the main waste page and click on uk nov/dec link not european tickets link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

:) Got mine, at long last!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Going tomorrow night and no way in hel will i step foot inside that hole (point) again.
    Thank god they playing the olympia.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

i tried getting mine of waste but i couldnt find them anywhere, so i gave up and got them from ticketmaster this morning

but im going to see them tonight :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

No real rush for these tickets anyway as they have added a second night, why are all these gigs mid-week now anyway. Whatever happened to friday/saturday/sunday night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Cos' if they only played weekends their tour would take about six years...

They do play shows outside Ireland as well.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭fizzy

lol ;)

going tonight

and weds 3rd dec

*sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

hey daveirl-i think i remember that you saying you didn't get tickets for radiohead at the olympia. just so you know, there were tickets on sale from the box office, at 45 quid, before the show last night, and i presume there will be tonight (they were e bay tickets)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭p2p

there were tickets on sale from the box office, at 45 quid, before the show last night

What time does the gig start at and what time would you have to be there to try and pick up a ticket?? (friend needs one)

Also ordered from the waste site and all i have is a printout and a booking number, is this all you had? Hopeing there's no problem with it tonight ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

me too

but i went anyway....and if i fail i'll smack myself. maybe i could sue radiohead...theres a thought

p2p-sorry i only saw this now. hope u got to see the show, my borhter only foud out at 7pm tonight and he got a (sitting) ticket no probs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

C'mon in fairness(as ronan might say), whos believing all this crap about serial numbers from tickets on ebay. I watched ebay over the last few months and there weren't that many tickets being sold for Dublin. Certainly not enough to have a second release of them before the concert and sell them at the door. I think the large majority of these must have been tickets they held back themselves not cancelled tickets. The tickets weren't posted until about 2 weeks before the concert anyway!!!

well, it's a bit weird
    they knew there was a demand for them

and judging fro the amount of tickets left at the door, i'd say there were even a few unsold seats, and they could easily have sold them. when i was collecting my tickets from the box office, i heard a guy on the phone tell his friend about the ebay thing, so i assume he heard it from the lady in the box office. i've never heard of tickets being kept at the box office before, unless they werent sold out.

Advertisement