Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intel P4 Cooler that comes with the "boxed version"

Options
  • 14-05-2003 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭

Hey folks,

Does anyone know/know where I can find the specs on the P4 cooler what comes with the boxed version of the Intel P4 2.4ghz chip?

Cheers
    S.

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Sorry to Hijack your thread Shurl...

If you have not fitted your cpu yet can you have a look at the code on the back of your cpu and see if its a SL6EF or SL6RZ and where it was made... eg costa rica / malaysia.

Are you look for performance stats on your HSF for overclocking purposes?

Thx

Vex

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭shurl

No prbs on the Hijack.! :)

I'll check the model number when I get home.

Yeah I was just looking for specs/performances for normal use and OC.

Cheers
    Simon

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Im not sure what the specs of the HSF are, but there is a database of overclocks on www.overclockers.com the table for each cpu shows what people have managed to overclock to and what cooling they use.

There are some surprisingly high clocks using the standard HSF.

Hope thats of some use.

You could also try the question on www.overclockers.co.uk forums, lots more o/clocking info there.

Vex.

OOPS ... this is Vex using DeVores machine... :)

What would happen if I ...errr I mean DeV banned, Bard - AMP - Hobbes - WWWman - ******* to name but a few... :ninja:

Cheers Vex,
    I'll have a look see.

I was wondering what was going on with the username.
    Thought we had a case of split personality going on :)

Cheers
    S.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Shurl....

Any joy with those CPU codes?

Thx

Vex.

• Advertisement

Sorry Vex,
    Didn't get a chance last night.
    Went for the infamous "one pint" last night after work.

Was in no state to start removing my new P4 when I got home.
    :-)

I'll check it/post it tonight.

Cheers
    Simon

Hey Shurl,

No need to take the system apart to check the codes... for some reason I thought you were just building hte system and had not fitted the HSF to the board.

Thx

Vex.

Hey Vex,
    Right I had me a look at the chip last night.
    Couldn't for the life of me see where it was made. (i'll have a proper look tonight)

But the model is SL6EF.

Cheers
    Simon

Shurl

The code is fine, its one of teh ones Im looking for, who did you buy from? Komplett? or Elara? or someone else... :)

Thx

Vex.

Yeah got it from Komplett.

The whole reason for asking is that, in the excitement of ordering a new rig :) off Komplett I completely forgot that the boxed versions ship with an Intel HSF, so I ordered a
    GlacialTech CPU cooler Socket 478/P-4 - Igloo4200 2,4GHz Northwood (1,8GHz) off them aswell.

Haven't had a chance to do some tests on the two yet. Just wondering what people thought of the stock HSF.

Cheers
    S.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I seem to remember that theres two version of the stock HS. Earlier ones had a 60mm fan and later ones a 70mm. Both cool very well and are not too noisy. Thats said I don't use it and I've never been able to flog the one that came with my P4. Handy to have a spare I guess..

Advertisement