Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[E3 NEWS] Metal Gear Solid - GameCube

Options
  • 14-05-2003 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭

The recently-announced Metal Gear Solid game for the GameCube, developed by Nintendo second-party team Silicon Knights (responsible for the sublime Eternal Darkness), doesn't seem just to be a rehash of the first game.

Indeed, it certainly wasn't what I was expecting!

Apparently it's
    a union of the first two games!!

Pics here.

God knows how this is going to be pulled off. I'm really looking forward to this, as I've great faith in Silicon Knights (finished ED last night :D) - looks great, and I've never really played either of the first two, so me = MGS virgin, ripe for soiling *titter!*

What thinkest thou?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Was looking at the Nintendo conference last night and they showed a video of Metal Gear.....looked very impressive but was really dark couldnt see much!

There was a short clip of Metroid Prime 2 there too, that looked feckin amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

Gamespot eh?

"Don't pee your pants!" roffle

Was pretty good, metroid prime 2 looks amazing, i got some direct feed of that segment and the enemy is incredible.

Resident evil 4 is not prerendered and the graphics are insanely good.

Geist a new game exclusive for the gamecube, while not a graphical powerhouse, loooks like the gameplay will have a bit more thinking in it than your average fps, and that should be a good thing.

And as for MGS:TS, i'll wait till more footage from the show floor before making my mind up, the gameplay parts were dark, and the parts i could see were fmv.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

MGS:TS Video

I've made my mind up, looks great, but the end of that video is a bit weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭goo

From those pictures it's simply the first game but with the extra controls (fps mode, putting people in lockers etc.) of the second.

After hearing that it was a mix of the two THAT would be disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

It will link to the GBA in an as yet unspecified way.

But yeah, there doesn't seem to be that much in the way of features to seperate it from the original. I probably won't be picking it up unless there's something added to make it worth returning to for the bazillionth time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement