Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pocket playstation

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Despite their diminutive proportions, they'll store a huge 1.8Mb of data - that's three times as much as a CD can hold in just a quarter of the physical size.

Do they mean 1.8gb ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

that's more like 2.5 times the ammount of a cd.
    i don't really see the point of handheld systems myself, grew out of them when i was 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

I would say it will probably out power the GBA, but I cant see it having the same quantity of superb games, pokemon singlehandedly started a huge wave of merchindice, and it had pathetic graphics and never had a full game on another platform (pokemn stadium doesnt count as a full new game tbh).

Lets see how it turns out tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I'd say it's weakness if they don't address it is probably going to be the battery life. What with a colour tft, spinning the disc and all the chips and whatnot it'll take a very powerful battery to keep it going.

One things for sure though, it'll look dreamy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

d'ya think it will tie in with ps3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

3d handheld console !!!!! deadly, but how will they fit all this into pocket size ? they could have their own rechargable battery type thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Originally posted by amp
    I'd say it's weakness if they don't address it is probably going to be the battery life. What with a colour tft, spinning the disc and all the chips and whatnot it'll take a very powerful battery to keep it going.

One things for sure though, it'll look dreamy.
    It'll have a widescreen 480x272 TFT LCD display with backlight, and will be powered by a rechargeable Lithium Ion battery.

Silly amp, read it properly next time :)

Advertisement