Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any nice know it all VB peeps out there?

Options
  • 14-05-2003 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭

:) Ok!

I've read all my notes and a book and looked on net and I still cant get into my head what Active X is and What MDI forms do?

I know something like Active X is things like the OLE objects like word and MDI has parent and child form but I wouldnt know how to elaborate.

Could someone explain these briefly..?

And if I'm really lucky someone out there might know about MS Access entity relationships...I think i know what they are like Many to many, one to many etc..???

Many Thanks
    Kate:ninja:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

I do a bit of VB Programming, briefly ActiveX can either be a DLL or a control like a .OCX which you can then load onto your form.

MDI stands for Multiple Document Interface, as opposed to Single Document Interface. Take MS Word as an example - the old MS Word '97 was an MDI, where you could open multiple documents (or forms) inside the main project window. The new MS Word 2000 is like Internet Explorer, where each new document opened is in effect another instance of the class.

Does this make things any clearer?

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭kegan5

Yes! Thanks!
    Just needed someone to clarify what i thought it was

wooh!

:D

Advertisement