Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamecube

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Console prices: You can pick up a GC with Metroid Prime for €159 in Xtra-Vision. You can also pick up a lovely platinum coloured cube with Zelda for around €200 in most places.

Game prices: You shouldn't pay more than €60. Smyths also do a Three For Two on any gamecube game, and you can use yor loyalty card to get a discount too, I think.

As for what's good?

Metroid Prime and Zelda: Wind Waker are probably essential. After that, I'd look at Super Mario Sunshine, Pikmin and Eternal Darkness. If you're still not happy, try Luigi's Mansion, Rogue Leader (if only to show off the hardware) and Wave Race.

Of the multi-format games, I'd recommend Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3, Timesplitters 2 and Burnout 2.

For multi-player shenanigans, invest in three more joypads and get your hands on Super Monkey Ball, Super Smash Bros Melee and the afformentioned Timesplitters2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

Definatly Zelda:Wind Waker is a must buy, likewise with Metroid Prime..also check out the Resident Evil, even if its a remake still a classic game! Same with Eternal Darkness!!

Luigi's mansion is also a very good game youll spend so much time looking for those ghosts you won't realise its four in the morning and you gots an exam at 12.30 the next day :D ... Super Smash Brothers didnt appeal to me much but my brother loved it and has gotten all trophies so there must be a hook somewhere in it!

Anyone know of anywhere that rents out Cube games?

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Len_007

I have but one point to make. Metroid Prime is not a FPS, it's a FPPlatformer, & there is no other game like it. (Except the previous incarnations.) This goes out to you, half $.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Originally posted by NekkidBibleMan
    Smyths also do a Three For Two on any gamecube game..
    Unfortunately, they stopped this great promotion at the end of April. Their new one is "2 for €50" on a bunch of older games.

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Originally posted by Len_007
    I have but one point to make. Metroid Prime is not a FPS, it's a FPPlatformer, & there is no other game like it. (Except the previous incarnations.) This goes out to you, half $.
    Its in the first person perspective and you shoot. Therefore its a FPS. :rolleyes:

- Dave.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭50Cent

Whats your problem lads seriously?

First off to RetroGamer(you cool guy you)...
    I believe I am going to have lots of trouble and many an argument with you 50cents. Some day you will see the light when you're older.

Why is that? IS it because you cant read? Its frustrating i imagine...but for the love of god, admit it, you were wrong, you got mixed up and your an idiot. You thought i had an Xbox.

This is what i said originally...to lead on to Retro's comments.
    But Midnight Club 2 came out, and NBA streets Vol 2, Splinter Cell is on the PS2 now too with extra stuff that isnt on the Xbox....and of course, Pro Evolution Soccer 2(the best football game in the world) and Colin Mcrae Rally 3 and Vice City. Thats what i like to play...oh and lets not forget SmackDown shut your face, that is comedy with a few mates!

And then retrogamer responds with this stupid, i cant read comment...

50cents your exactly one of the people that I'm always on about. All the games you mentioned are just licenced tosh (midnight club 2 HA!). You really should play a game thats made not just to make money. Games like Zelda and Metroid. You can really tell the another of effort that went into these games. And it's not just on Cube. I suggest you get yourself some Ico, FFX and Vice City ( I personally much prefer the former games). You'll thank me for it. Unfortunately you should just give up if you have an xbox.

He suggests i play a game like Vice City. I just said i have that game. And thinks i should play some games that are not out to make money...like Metroid Prime and Zelda...are you as ****en stupid as you make yourself out to be? I mean come on...

My Point: RetroGamer humps his cube.

Len_007 tells me:

Your an idiot as well. Do you hump your cube too? Whats wrong? Dont cry...it is a FPS. Get it...accept it...and ye thats not out to make money either...:rolleyes:...its out becos it wants to reach real gamers(Nintendo fans) not casual ones like me...isnt that right? I dont know what some of you are getting at but calm down...its a console...which is struggling. Until you have as many good games as are on the PS2..then you can boast about humping your cube.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

50cents you are maturity incarnate. First I didn't say you had an xbox. it was a complement that you didn't have one. I was just trying to get you to play some quality games and you might see the error of your ways. I have a PS2 and a Gamecube and I prefer my PS2. Actually why am I even humouring you by replying. It's almost 6 o'clock time for your bedtime methinks.

ye real smooth. Try play it that way. Your just making a fool of yourself. Admit it, your the one who is wrong. You have nothing else to say cos you know your wrong.

Go play your non money making games...whatever planet your on man...whatever planet:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Pictures say a 1000 words. Now don't turn this into a flame war.

Jesus ok so your a science student? and you have a fetish for fluffy white cats? and you think nintendo game cube games are for real gamers unlike that "licensed ps2 tosh"? And that nintendo make games not make money? You know what? if you do graduate as a science student...figure out why your so ridiculously stupid and then get a real brain. Your a walking disgrace to the human race.

• Advertisement

First class honours and top of the class last year. I'm not that stupid. I'm not replying any more. Don't want to get banned when Shinji gets back from LA.

Shame on you...and stop cloning those sheep...i know what you want to do with them

You really are a walking disgrace to the human race.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

dear god 50cent,

youve been around the gaming board around what 2/3 weeks ? and youve allready had 2 run ins with myself and one with my good friend retrogamer here,

Youve got yourself quite a muppet reputation allready you know,I suggest you leave boards untill your at least 15 *sigh*

Who said you could be my friend! (only joking :D )

i'm having a great laugh here.

Tusky your the biggest muppet in the world. You cant talk. The only people ive had run ins with are cube fans i.e. you and that retrogamer guy. You cant accept any thing non cube related and if you read this whole post thing, you will see that it wasnt me who started jack ****. I said i dont want to buy a cube cos it seems like its dieing. so i was called an ignorant gamer...then retrogamer got involved...jesus the gayness is at a very high level...tusky your such a little geek...id love to see you in reality...i really would. You got involved here un necessarily.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

FPS is a genre. Since the term was first coined, it's become something. If you take it literally, then yes, metroid is a FPS, as is tie-fighter, ocarina of time and any flight sim.
    If you take the intended meaning of "First Person Shooter", then Metroid certainly doesn't fit the genre.

Also, can someone please do something about 50cent and retro?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

The irony of calling someone a geek online has been referred to so many times I'm not going to bother <yes i know i just did>.

Anyway... checked out Xtravision. The one near me only has game cubes bundled with games. Unfortunately I'm gonna have to get it standalone <as it's a bday present>. So it looks like there may be some problems up ahead.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    50cents your exactly one of the people that I'm always on about...

Yea and you're a fan boy giving off about the games other people like just because you don't.

Nintendo isn't going any where soon, some retailers must be talking to some one who says they are???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

dear god 50cent,

youve been around the gaming board around what 2/3 weeks ? and youve allready had 2 run ins with myself and one with my good friend retrogamer here
    It's not just the games board, nearly every single thread he posts in he's involved in some childish argument.. boards is better off without him imo.
    jesus the gayness is at a very high level...tusky your such a little geek...id love to see you in reality...i really would. You got involved here un necessarily.

indenial.jpg

had to be done :)

hehehehe your a funny guy 50cent ! yes im a cube fan but like ive said many many many times i own a ps2 and a pc...sigh...
    You cant accept any thing non cube related
    what the hell are you talking about ? i just posted to say your a muppah - didnt mention ANYTHING about nintendo.

And i may be wrong but the reason you are dis-liked and called an "ignorant gamer" is because you make rediculous statements and its quite obvious you know v.litle of what you talk ab00t

The fact that you want to meet me in real life and the fact that you called me a geek is hilarious !!!!

btw 50cent if you want to SAYBAR just msg me on irc :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Originally posted by 50Cent
    I said i dont want to buy a cube cos it seems like its dieing. so i was called an ignorant gamer
    I think the point people were trying to make was that even if the Gamecube is dying (reports of its death have been greatly exaggerated for a few months now), it's got a few really top-class games for it, that make it worth the price.

This is how this entire thread started.

ye thats right...im incredibly in denial. Let me just say how this all started again...I said "i was going to buy a cube but i heard its dieing so i wont bother". Ignorant or ****en not. Thats my opinion thus making you people who object so strongly the childish ones. Maybe it was childish btwn myself and retrogamer when i was pissed off with him but calm down, it wasnt that bad. Oh and community moderator...thanks for that.

It's not just the games board, nearly every single thread he posts in he's involved in some childish argument.. boards is better off without him imo.

oh and thats complete rubbish too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

Can you fellas take this to PM or generally anywhere but here.
    Thanks, i'd really appreciate that.

It's completely ruining the thread and i still haven't found a Cube for cheaper than €159, which is why i started the thread in the first place.

Killian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Originally posted by lordsippa
    Anyway... checked out Xtravision. The one near me only has game cubes bundled with games. Unfortunately I'm gonna have to get it standalone <as it's a bday present>. So it looks like there may be some problems up ahead.

Or some god-sends up ahead, m'boy. Looklooklook: Gamecube + stupidly compulsive piece of software + Leaving Cert a few days later = now it's September 2003, why the hells am I still in the Gimpstitute?

Do you see? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

BUY A GAMECUBE!!!!!!!
    Sweet baby jesus, if we dont support it, it could die!! Sorry to sound melodramatic...but i think the death of the cube would be the worst thing to hit the console industry since the dreamcast went tits up, and that console had so much potential..*sniffle*
    The cube is the best console ive played in years, (and trust me, ive owned pretty much every one) and it would be a crying shame to see it go the way of the dreamcast. All the best games ive played in the past year have been on GC, (and i own a ps2 & xbox too) Resident evil, mario sunshine, metroid prime, and now zelda. In a perfect world all games would be that good, instead of overrated crap like vice city selling by the truckload.
    So yeah, anyone whos thinking of getting one, do the games industry a favour, and buy a cube.

And someone please tell me im not the only one who thought vice city was inferior to gta3 and totally overrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Jesus, it's a console you little babys!
    Just buy it or don't. It's not life or death.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Originally posted by Giblet
    Jesus, it's a console you little babys!
    Just buy it or don't. It's not life or death.

i have to agree, seeing people argue over which system is better reminds me of 10 years ago when i argued with my friends over the mega drive and the snes, mindless arguments like this will only prove who is more persistant

hehe aye tis silly, but eh why do you want one cheaper than 159 euro WITH a game ? i mean jeez that is cheap ! only cheaper youl find is in buyandsell or on the forsale board here :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

I talking about without a game.

killian

Advertisement