Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamecube

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm almost sure i saw the Cube with metroid for about 170 euros in Swords Xtra-vision. Don't take my word for it.

Also have to apologise for the rant with 50cents. He has been annoying me since he appeared on boards about a week ago. Any way I was bored and was having a great laugh winding him up and listening to his muppet speak. And I also have been looking for a good excuse to use the jeffy kitten card for the last few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

I can get a cube with metroid for €159.
    Some people have been saying that their local xtravision is selling a cube for €100 without a game.
    The xtravision's near me are selling the cube without a game for the same price as a cube with a game, which is kind of strange.

Killian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

You don't by any chance live near Nutgrove cause that's the offer they have there.

I don't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

1. i saw this post
    2. i phoned over half the xtra visions in the 01 area.
    3. those who were selling it were doing so for 160, with or without a game. (that's just the way they get them from the supplier)
    4. i bought one, with metroid.
    5. just deal with it. whoever told you 100 is lying :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Like the Cube or not with the ridiculous prices that they are they at the mo theres no excuse in not getting one if you can afford it. Buy you fools. Think about it it's just a little more expensive than an GBA SP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭50Cent

He has been annoying me since he appeared on boards about a week ago. Any way I was bored and was having a great laugh winding him up and listening to his muppet speak. And I also have been looking for a good excuse to use the jeffy kitten card for the last few months.

ye its really annoying when i say something you cant accept. You ****en dick.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

If you're going to resort to personal insults, try to aim higher than '****en dick', eh?

Of course, we'd all prefer if you didn't resort to personal insults and either started posting constructive, readable posts or alternatively, found the nearest rocks, crawled under it, and died.

But i do post opinionated posts but some people(majority here) really cant accept that. I have a feeling I will be banned anyway for some reason because the majority are against me but i dont really care. Im posting whats on my mind and i speak my mind.

And im still sticking to my guns.

OK, friendly advice. Ignore people who annoy you. It's much easier and won't get you banned. As it stands, your last reply to Retr0gamer was just unneccessary. He hadn't slagged you (ok he said you'd been annoying him. Who gives a flying fu<k? Plenty of people annoy me), so just lay off. Let this whole incident slide. And yes, people are ganging up against you, but only because you're new and are taking shots at their friends <irregardless of who started it>. So just chill. K?

As for Retr0 and tusky.. c'mon... just let it go. Don't even bother apologising cause that's just baiting.

anyways... Methinks I might be heading to xtravision soon enough so. Metroid Prime pack comes with memory card right? It just doesn't say so on the olde box, so I'm being a tad paranoid bout it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Good, stick to your guns. Differences of opinions are what makes good discussions, which is why we're all here.

But attacking people in each and every post that you make doesn't make for good arguments. It's not big or clever and you're not going to endear yourself to anybody by doing it. Support your opinion with well-reasoned arguments and we'll get on like a house on fire.

As for being banned because the majority is against you... it's not how boards works. Boards is a dictatorship, not a democracy.

• Advertisement

True. I shouldnt retaliate. Its not good for the thread or the board. I wont bother resorting to insults either. Ill just let it slide. If people cant accept what i have to say, then fine. Its no big deal.

But in order to stop a lot of people getting angry(not just me) people should really not call other people muppets cos thats an insult and i hate the word so when i see the word muppet it really annoys me but still, i wont bother this again as i said it just ruins the thread.

Over and out.

Peaceful solution! Whooo! Go team! Etc! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

anyways... Methinks I might be heading to xtravision soon enough so. Metroid Prime pack comes with memory card right? It just doesn't say so on the olde box, so I'm being a tad paranoid bout it. [/B]

I dont know wether it comes with one, i got a cube on its own and it didnt have one, but you can get GC memory cards in game for 11 squid which is pretty sweet considering i first paid 25 euro for an official nintendo memory card.
    And yes i know i sound like an advert for game.

Yeah... was in there earlier. They've a 64mb one for about 30 squid or something. Dunno... I've only got the problem of memory card purchasing and getting a cable to hook it up with my old tv <the one my parents donated to me when they got a decent one>.

It never ends, does it? ... but I REALLY can't wait to sit down with a good ol' console for a change. :)

I dont know if im the only one who had this problem with the GC, but when i first got it, i only had a crappy portable t.v with no A.V input or SCART, and playing the GC through the aerial connection put horizontal lines scrolling through the screen (and no, i didnt accidentally have it in 60hz mode on a 50hz tv, it wasnt that kind of flickering) The lines stayed in it even after buying a new aerial lead, or using the old N64 lead. Though it works fine now on a t.v that has A.V inputs.
    Just to let ya know, but it was prolly just my GC being screwed or something.
    And trust me, after playing metroid for 5 minutes, or Zelda:the wind waker, youll never look back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

Killester and Artane branches of Xtra Vision sell the gamecube at 99 Euros without a game, and no memory card.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Originally posted by lordsippa
    As for Retr0 and tusky.. c'mon... just let it go. Don't even bother apologising cause that's just baiting.

[/B]

I dont have anything to apologise for :)
    *mounts lordsippa*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Game have cheap 2nd hand pads and cards if your going for the pack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Originally posted by lordsippa
    Yeah... was in there earlier. They've a 64mb one for about 30 squid or something. Dunno... I've only got the problem of memory card purchasing and getting a cable to hook it up with my old tv <the one my parents donated to me when they got a decent one>.

It never ends, does it? ... but I REALLY can't wait to sit down with a good ol' console for a change. :)

I've got an AV adapter/lead that I'm not doing anything with, if you li-*cough*Amiga mouse*cough*, excuse me, if you like.

Sure thang. I had at least 2 working ones at last count. Will go rummaging now.

Actually... screw studying! Tomorrow I'm clearing space for my Amiga. :D ... no... better... My NES! HARDKORE OLD SKOOL GAMING ACTION!!! <not suitable for those with a heart condition>

• Advertisement

While cleaning out the loft of the shop where i work we found 2 boxed amigs hehe..a shedload of boxed saturns, and 2 crates of saturn games, and a boxed SNES...which i then liberated..OOH YEAH! Hurrah for old skool gaming!! Though the Atari ST was waaaaay cooler than the Amiga, all the cool kids had ST's. :D

Saturns?! <drools>... I heard Sega were working on a new version of Nights for the Game Cube... WHICH THEY CANCELLED!!!! :eek:

Heh... the A1200 beat the pants off the ST any day!

Yeah weve still got boxed sturns if you want them, but the stingy bastards would probably still sell them at full price *L* Nights was bizarre to say the least, that boss fight with the big fat lady still haunts me..*L*
    And the ST was sooo the superior computer!! Well..okay, maybe not, but i loved it all the same :) Last ninja 2, monkey island, ahhhh memories!!

Oooh... lemme know how much and I'll see if I can put the money together somehow...

And pffft... the Amiga had Monkey Island too! And Indiana Jones point and clickers...

Ill cut you a deal hehe...and im sure i saw a copy of nights there too..and virtua figter 1..;)
    Indindana jones and the last crusade rocked, but you can bet it was better on the ST :P
    Lemmings was one game i remember being pissed off at cause the music was alot better on the amiga actually..*L* God damn you amiga lovers..*shakes fist menacingly*ATARI ST FOREVEEEEEER!!!!

Cannon Fodder's theme on the amiga... Oh yeah... :D

... Wonder what ever happened to that series. You'd think they'd have revived it for a 3d outing...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

What a really interesting thread :rolleyes:

Retrogamer works for Nintendo!

50 Cents must be a kid!

Praetorian, no im not a kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Originally posted by 50Cent
    Praetorian, no im not a kid.

Well why are you acting like one?

Ah I crack me up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by Praetorian
    What a really interesting thread :rolleyes:

Retrogamer works for Nintendo!

50 Cents must be a kid!

Retrogamer, what part of Nintendo do you work for?

Advertisement