Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Taylor Resigns

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

O'Leary could replace him ... ( I'm guessing )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

Just read about this myself. Villa seem to be in a bit of a hole in the last few seasons. Will be interesting to see who replaces him. I have to say that I always thought that Taylor was a strange appointment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Originally posted by LizardKing
    O'Leary could replace him ... ( I'm guessing )

AH reading my thoughts again:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

never saw this coming actually......

Being a villa fan is so depressing. the amusing thing is that Taylor was only appointed as tempory when john gregory left but stayed on after that season ended, now out of the blue he resigns.

Now there will probably be weeks of speculation about big foreign managers before Ellis signs someone cheap and crap:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Gaffo

Heard something on the news this morning about Taylor sticking to his principles. That no-one could now doubt his integrity.
    Anyone know what that was about?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 kaos

Villa are a club in real problems.The board and management aren't getting on,and the team isn't much to write home about.Taylor was a strange choice yes,but Villa wouldn't have me hurtling to the pub to watch them anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Villa are a club that barely register with anybody anymore, which is a pity because they have major potential. Ten years ago they ran Utd pretty close in the first premiership. Its been downhill eversince. They need a bit of ambition. Give the job to Alan Curbishley, he's probably looking for a move at this point.

dont forget we sat on the top of the table for six monthts in 99 i think and we also have had one of the meanest defenses every year in the premiership.

As for Taylor i still respect him loads and fair play to him for standing up to the stupidest and greediest board in history

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

yeah i gatherd that it was a tightg board causing the hassle there, its really diff for those clubs though, the gap is widening and they don't know whether to consolidate and just be happy to be there or too push for honours and do a leeds on it, but if the board are going to be dishonest with their incoming managers an dpretend moneys there thats not then this will continue happening. stuck in a rut or going down-they weren't a million miles away this year

no not a million miles- three points to be exact!

i think taylors point was that he wanted rid of the uncommitted players(i agree). Their wages are outrages for players who dont feature for the first team or the reserves(taylor wouldnt play uncommitted players in the reserves either). Therefore taylor decided that the club should cut their losses and save on the long run. the board didnt agree.

i am happy to admit there is a money problem at villa but what do you expect when you pay too much for players like crouch and balaban and angel. Anyway who ever heard of a club wit SEVEN strikers who cant score, its ridiculous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭G

there will probably be weeks of speculation about big foreign managers before Ellis signs someone cheap and crap
    Exactly but cheap and crap is all he'd get regardless of how much money was made available. I was in the Holte End a couple of weeks ago for Sunderland. The place is just miserable. Doug Ellis needs a swift bat over the back of the head and until he goes Villa's misery will continue.
    O'Leary could replace him
    Hah, he's not that stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I think Villa is a club tailor made for George Graham to take over. But the real problem there is Doug Ellis and it does not really matter who takes over as manager as long as he is in charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

10 managers in 20 years tells its own story..

Villa are going nowhere with that chairman!

Originally posted by G
    I was in the Holte End a couple of weeks ago for Sunderland. The place is just miserable.

The reason why i didnt waste my money to go over this season. Who wants to spend loads to go to a match and just have the players and manager booed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Topmoller (sp?) and Graham are the names I've heard mentioned.
    Doug Ellis is like a cancer for Aston Villa, slowly but surely he is killing the club. He's such a muppet.
    I don't think O'Leary would want anything to do with Villa if Ellis is still there.
    Villa have some decent players, maybe not entering the Inter Toto cup will help the team as they wont be tired when the league starts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Apparently Deadly Doug and Dave O leary are good mates. Rumour even had it that O Leary had been bad mouthing Taylor to Deadly Doug tryin to get him fired, but I would be surprised, it does not really seem to be Davs style.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

At least now they'll get someone decent in to pick a proper 11 for Villa out of the good squad they have. Leaving out someone like Angel is a crime.

Advertisement