Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Things (or de Tings as theyd sat. Probably)

Options
  • 14-05-2003 3:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

Anyone have any info?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Cindy Love

another overated irish band of the 'next best thing buzz'.Get over it, the things like the thrills are ****e .they should Learn how to play and wouldnt have a hope in the states yet again to much hype to little substance.i saw em play recently trhey where all over the shop.Granted they are not the worst band but they could DO ALOT BETTER.Now who sing that song which goes 'well i told you i loved you but i ......lied '(repeat)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭starlet

jesus.....you're all terrible mean on this here board!!! all the girl asked for was some INFO...although, in fairness, "i think de Tings are ****e" IS info, i suppose.....

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Richie

I like the Things. Great band. No info on them however. Ah well....

Cindy - the band/song you're looking for is Ten Speed Racer with "Your Demon Heart". Great choon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Cindy where's the love ???

The things are great, we played with them in DA2 and at first I though ahh jaysus no not another mod pack of pretentious feckers..."sorry no offence to mods oops" but they were excellent and I mean really good. Im old school rock that everyone seems to hate these days and thethings are not what Id usually go for but have to say they really entertained and by the by they rocked out with the rest of the bands too .....sound lads......try the CPU records site??
    Also worth a look are the subtonics if you like the things ??

Trev

i like em also, saw them supporting the Basement (also fabulous) in Whelans and in the Music Centre with the CrayonZ. der great. but maybe that's coz in my head, they are in fact the Transformers. sssaps etc. they've got a lot of energy live, really impressed me. and i found a lovely website....

www.thethingsireland.moonfruit.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

hahah love the sig!!

disclaimer: aforementioned website is actually banjaxed, but it LOOKS good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Jolene

oh **** off cindy. I asked for information, not for your opinion.
    (you'll know when I'm asking for your opinion. I'll post a thread that says "Cindy Love, your opinion if you please")

I saw the things a couple of times and I have to say I was really impressed, even though I thought they were Listo at first.

Em, and I meant "as de tings would saY" not sat. sorry. Stupid finger

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

theres also a little profile page of the things @ The Things Profile Page On IMN if anyones interested.

I used to play in a band with the drummer and the guitarist and I'm not being biased but they are a ****ing briliant LIVE band but they don't seem to be able to carry the same energy on the recording of them I have although it is a demo.

IMN is doing a review of the Tallstories and the Things gig at the end of this month if anyone would like to check it out then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭spoiltbrat

I can't understand people knocking The Things.
    Admittedly when I saw their pictures at first I thought they were going to be another bull**** retro band like The Thrills (could a name ever be more ironic?).
    I saw The Things support The Crayonz in TBMC and they were unbelievably good. The best band I have seen in Dublin in a long, long time. Pure energy... I don't normally like the retro buzz but they have this kind of edge that mixes in a little bit of QOTSA and it totally elevates them above average band status.
    The singer is a total maniac and throws lots of freakout shapes and looks like he is having a fit at the most electric parts of the set - pure rock and roll; great music and great stage presence.
    I would like to swear at this point that I'm not in the band.... I just think they rock and deserve the credit.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

thats what I would have said spoiltbrat if I'd bothered my arse to delve a little deeper into my explantion of the things being an excellent live band.

and again I'll emphasise LIVE band I really am not so sure about their recorded stuff TBH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 catch urself on

The Things are playing on Sat in Dorans, with support from Mainline and The Blues Experimentation Society. Should be a good one.

As mentioned, they're playing in Iaasc butts the sat after with the Tall Stories.

Then its off to London, to play Death Disco in the Notting Hill Arts Club on Wed 28th. If theres any londoners on the site, check it out!

If you have trouble with the moonfruit website, apparently downloading flashplayer will help. Otherwise, there will be a new website soon. Will let you know.

Advertisement