Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yesssssssssssss Sein on DVD

• 14-05-2003 4:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭

Posted: Tue May 13, 2003 10:58 pm

no placket required wrote:
    Now, Jerry claims they're already preping the DVD!!
    http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/

Here's the info from the page so you don't have to search --

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/showinfo.cfm?showID=3743
    5/12/2003
    Seinfeld is coming, Seinfeld is coming!!!
    In the newest issue of Video Business magazine, their VidBits section contains this informaton:

Seinfeld prepping Seinfeld

The Seinfeld TV series is finally being prepared for a DVD release, according to co-creator/star Jerry Seinfeld. In the May issue of VB sister publication DVD Exclusive (formerly DVD Premiers), Seinfeld says he is helping to create interviews and commentaries and dig up the annual season-ending gag reels that could be included as extras. Seinfeld will be on The Tonight Show Starring Jay Leno, On the Record With Bob Costas, and Live With Regis and Kelly May 14-19 to promote the Miramax DVD of his theatrical documentary Comedian, which he produced and loaded with extras. He said the decision and timing of the Seinfeld series on DVD is in the hands of Columbia parent Sony Pictures, which owns distribution rights. Sources at Sony and CTHE said it's not a question of if it will come out, but when.

We thank "Jough", a Senior Member of DVDTalk.com, for relaying the news. But with news this hot, we could hardly believe it. So our site's very own David Lambert personally called the editor of Video Business and verified that the news is indeed accurate...every word! The news will also appear on Video Business and/or Variety websites within the next day or two.

Rejoice! The show about "nothing" is finally almost here!

Seinfeld

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭seveb

dammit - i can't wait! - i feel like a kid at christmas. you know that feeling you get in your stomach - dammit - i wish i didn't know -

it'll be a year or so before that's ready to come out!
    that'll be an expensive time - hope they release it like the 'star trek - next generation' dvds - and not like the 'friends' ones.

180 odd episodes -
    9 seasons = 9 boxsets = 100 euro odd per season = an awful lot of cash, we are talking 1000 euro for the complete series - do i love seinfeld enough to spend a 1000 euro on it?

- hell yeah!

smuckers if you are wrong - i will hunt you down and destroy your collection of seinfeld tapes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Don't shoot the messenger Seveb. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Kewl

Will be nice if happens eventually- but still sceptical-
    The syndication money is still huge business for Sony Pics in the US. Seinfeld still airs across the US daily on about 4 different Networks.

However I do think its about time, as there are tons of TV series now out on DVD. I was in HMV the other day and got a real shock at the amount of old TV show there are now available on DVD. Plus they must by now realise a growing number of fans have all the eps on tape or DivX so they might as well cash while they still can.

I reckon it will be about 7 or 8 DVD's if they released them all.
    Series 1, 2 together possibly and then the rest by series.

Anyhoo, We'll wait and see :)

Advertisement