Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looks like the N-Gage is going to fall on it's arse.

Options
  • 14-05-2003 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.gamespot.com/all/news/news_6027638.html

They've annouced a price of $299 for the machine and $30 to $40 for the games in the US, so expect to have to fork out €400 for the hand-held and €50 to €60 for the games here.

I was always sceptical about the success of a Nokia phone/console, but I can't see any gamer pay that kind of money for a hand-held. Bear in mind that you're going to have to take out a contract with either O2 or Vodafone just to get your hands on it, so you're going to have to pay line rental on a console. Even that few gadget-philes that do plump up the cash for it aren't going to be happy splashing out that kind of money every time they want a new game.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

is that the yolk that has one of the ex id software guys working on a game for it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Most of the games are bad ports of bad old pc games and the controls are meant to suck. Give me an SP with a quality Nintendo game any day.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Ha! I realy think Nokia half know what they are doing.

Remember it not only a "game deck" it's also includes a (world wide usable) PHONE, MP3 player, radio, bluetooth for games as well as other things.

I can't currently remember the euro price but I dont think it's 400 euro and it will be diffrent in parts of the Euro zone because of costs.

If it was going to be 400 euro in you could just buy it in the US or in a diffrent Euro zone.

edit: it also has a place to plug in headphones as well as speakers which sounded ok to me at Nokia's E3 stand.

Its all up to the games in the long term.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yeah and it's twice the price of a current gen console. Real bargain.

Heard they have woeful performance problems with games. all are running at fps in the single digits.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Look at the price of current gen phones!

• Advertisement

Well if you look at the performance on the videos you will see a different picture. It looks like another gadget that will find a small audience for about a year with gadget heads and then disappear. Sony's PSP looks like a much more promising system.

Advertisement