Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bye Bye Babble...

• 14-05-2003 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Ho hum, Madam Houllier is not pleased with Herr Babbels' discipline having picked up two red cards for something or other and so she is showing him the door. Another good player on his way.

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

after standing by him through his illness! chaps a dope, who needs an attacking international full back nowadays when you have Carragher to stand in. This sucks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

It is a damn shame to see him go he was a very good player for us before his illness which he was fortunate to make a comeback from. He was great at getting forward and putting in a cross something which Carragher cant do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

He never really made an impact after the injury and after being subbed against Villa in the Worthington Cup he wasn't happy and showed it. That attitude show was part of the decision too.

We will have an international wingback in Finnan in a few weeks ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

Babbel's a great free signing for any premiership club. Im sure there will be plenty of interest in him!

Originally posted by jonno

We will have an international wingback in Finnan in a few weeks ;)

what about Carr who is also avail for cheap?????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭da_deadman

It looks like the Finnan deal is signed and sealed for Liverpool. Thats a great addition to their squad, now they need a good creative attacking force, esp on the left. But why get rid of a really good defender who can play at right back or centre back? They should get rid of their other misfits like Heskey, Traore, Diouf, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

The one's that are deffo leaving according to GH on the official site are Berger, Diomede, Heggem and Xavier !!! Shock. We'll get about £0.5m out of them if we're lucky. :rolleyes:
    If we make ~6mil out of Heskey and ~2.5mil for Smicer then we should be able to make a decent bid for Duff, get Finnan in the bag and have some cash left for Cissé and/or Boumsong.

I never was good at maths though ww)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Originally posted by da_deadman
    But why get rid of a really good defender who can play at right back or centre back?

because he never regained full fittness after his illness and his form has been poor in the reserves. Yes he was a good defender, hes not now.

reading this changed my mind on babbel link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Matters

Although he was never the same player after his illness, I don't think the schoolteacher should have said what he did, lets just hope Finnian signs soon, or wouldn't it be nice if Chris McGrath made the break through from the youths team.

• Advertisement

to my knowledge chris mc grath is going to lilleshalle(FA Centre, prob misspelt) this summer. they have a youth training camp there. this normally means that a youth player is going to be released and gives them an oppurtunity to impress scouts...

which is strange cos i heard he was good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭steveocn300

I personally think that Babbel's Anfield Exit happened when he was taken off in the Worthington Cup against Aston Villa and he wasnt best pleased and stormed off. That was the end of Markus Babbel because Gerald Houllier will not stand for that carry on.
    I think Biscan and Berger will go and I also believe Emile Heskey will go but Houllier should not touch the Liverpool lads(Carragher, Owen, Gerrard, Murphy) Troare has to go, how Houllier cant see that he just cant cut it I dont know!

Advertisement