Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Old type FTV/New type Irish Sub cards.

• 14-05-2003 7:30pm
    Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I eventually got my old type ftv card to work along side my new type Irish card. I had to change my Digibox this evening from a Panasonic to a pace (new type white one). The reason I had to change was I was worried about Panasonic over heating and as the pace give of very little heat I felt it would be better to use pace as main box now. Anyway I had a ftv card matched up to the pace and when I put in my Irish sub card I expected to go through authorising new viewing card etc. to my surprise all channels were working except RTE1 NET2 and sports/movies. I connected up phone line to switch over card but for some reason that didn’t work so I had to give them a call. After they switched the card back on I expected that when I put in FTV card it would throw up the "please insert new viewing card message" but it didn’t. All channels working fine. Also because my viewing card was new activated through the phone line before today. I can now use the battery method for PPV events. As it is not part of my contract to have phone line connected I understand that I can't connect phone line again or else I will be charged for anything, which I viewed. Also my ftv card begins with 00

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnnyq

Very interesting.
    I hope it lasts because it would be a pity to lose the FTV channels.
    Perhaps you will still be charged for Movies/sports/rte because of your package, you could be ripped off

Advertisement