Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public Service Announcements?

Options
  • 14-05-2003 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭

or something.....

How about once a month we post a thread giving information about a charity or other organisation?

E.g. : Becoming a blood donor.

We could post information on how to become one, help people locate a clinic near them, post our experiences with donating and answer any questions people might have. Make it an announcement and we might even help somebody, ya never know :)

Maybe give Ireland Offline or MiJag a go on slow months.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

An excellent idea. If someone was put in charge of this, they could post at the start of each month asking for suggestions for next month. Decide on a subject in the first or second week, and then they have the rest of the month to gather and compile information, with the help of the boardsters obviously. Then post the announcement with a link at the bottom to next months feedback thread, and you have a nice cycle going.

Donating blood would be an excellent first subject too. I keep meaning to do this.

adam

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

If someone is willing to do the legwork on this I see no reason not to highlight other community/charity efforts.

I think this will also be covered by a new news system we are hoping to install in the medium future but until then I'm happy to make monthly announcements of this type.

Consider this an open invitation.

DeV.

Advertisement