Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do ya get a job on Phantom

Options
  • 15-05-2003 2:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭

Just wondering how you guys got your jobs and do ya's get paid? Doing a degree in journalism and media at the moment so its a field i'd like to get into, was involved in running a radio station for a few weeks out of our campus. Enjoyed it would like to repeat it in the future.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

The dj's don't get paid so no point looking for a job there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

've wanted to get a job on phantom for years, but im too lazy to do the application which is apparantly: record yourself doing a few links and playing a few songs and send it in.

pete-im really sorry if that was top secret or anything. hopefully everyone else will be as lazy as me and not bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭ThatBloke

I've no aspirations to go on air, would prefer to work behind the scenes, I was producer of the breakfast show on our station. Anything would beat gettin up at 5am!! Our presenter was really good though, we have every show recorded on mini-disc, if i sent one of those in, would he be considered for a job?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Hello ThatBloke,

If youre interested in working on Phantom your best bet is to email either myself (non programming) or Sinister Pete (programming) with whatever idea or aspiration you have in mind and we will take it from there.

Same goes for anybody else too.

Regards,

Pete Reed
    Phantom FM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭ThatBloke

Thanks Pete, be in touch soon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

At the moment are looking for a number of volunteers to assist with the development of our web site at phantomfm.com. If you have web related skills (in the areas below) and are prepared to work on a voluntary basis then read on! Perhaps you have just finished college or a course and are looking to put your skills into practice. If you like the station and what we do we'd love to hear from you!

People and skills we need:

Content Producers:
    To write content for the site - from presenter biogs to updating the gig listings. We are also hoping to incorporate music news and relevant stories in the future.

Database Development:
    To develop database applications to streamline our gig listings and to produce and integrated "industry database" in our resources sections.

Graphic Design:
    Producing eye catching graphics for use accross the site.

Web site Maintenance
    Dreamweaver experience required for general updating and site maintenace.

All positions will be "home" based and you will need to have the following:
      • Access to a PC
      • Internet connection
      • Dreamweaver and/or design software.

Ideally, you will need to posess relevant skills as it is beyond our current means to train people in. The reward? You will be part of the phantomfm.com team and will have your work showcased on a busy and dynamic web sites.

Interested? E-mail briand@phantomfm.com and tell me a little about yourself, what you would like to do and your relevant skills/qualifications.

Please note: We are unable to provide accreditation for work experience programmes e.g Fas

Advertisement