Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there anywhere you can download DOS from on the Net?

Options
  • 15-05-2003 2:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 989 ✭✭✭

Is there anywhere you can download DOS from on the Net?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

You can get DOS boot disks (and a huge amount of other useful files) at www.bootdisk.com

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

But there are several license free versions to download..

http://www.freeos.com/ - Pick a Free OS

http://www.freedos.org/

There are several other DOS like things out there.
    not to mention Dr DOS / PC DOS

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭spaczed

I have it.

Self extracting .exe's that'l create the 3 installation disks for you, zipped into a .zip

Even though Microsoft will probably track me down and sue my ass for just saying as much!

I had exactly the same hassle a few months ago, because i have 3/4 old computers i tinker around with and install dos to work on them. my ms-dos install disk 1 got corrupted (aftr about 10 years, i don't blame it) and i looked to download a new one. Thanks to microsoft its nearly impossible to find, but until recently, there was a great site called oldos.org that did dos, early windows 3.1 and nt etc. But (even though they aren't supporting dos from now on) microsoft had them shut down, only last month.

Anyway i wasn't sure bout freedos, so i downloaded dos 6.22 when i needed it. i still have the file for all three disks but since you need a license to have it, i really couldn't use this board to advocate giving you the file. But if you PM'ed me now, that would be a different matter ;) !

so if you still need it, PM me and i'll see what i can do for ya.

spaczed

Advertisement