Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Saviour" - New Bluetide mp3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 krazyklink

That's a great tune Shane!

I have the other stuff from the Bluetide site - it's class - well done! I particulary love Sunset.

It's a shame I didn't get to one of your gigs when I was working up in Dublin but I'll back around the fair city again soon!

Keep up the good work - and ignore the muppets who made comments about you guys in the "worst irish band" thread!
    I really do think from the mp3's I've heard - that you guys have some serious talent!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Saint-dotsie

ive listened too it twice,its pretty long i think yis should perhaps looking in arranging it in a different way it has cliches up to the nines,no offence but it was an alright song just a very bland sound,it may work as a live tune,as for a recorded format it should have faded out after four minutes.I did appreciate the acoustic guitar works and there was some good sections of melody in the guitars solo parts/

4 n a half out of ten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Shane Smith

Thank you both for your replies.
    KrazyKlink, I'm very glad you have taken to our trax and thank you for taking the time to download 'em! And the whole "worst irish band" thing didn't make me cry for too long!

Saint-dotsie, I also welcome your comments. The issue of the track length has been mentioned by a lot of people and I will take that on board. It IS a very simple song and that mp3 is one of a few possible arrangement we have used for that song. People have said to me that it can become a bit irritating after 5/6mins and I can understand why.

However! May I suggest that if you listen to it again, turn volume down to barely-listenable level, light up jazz cigarette and carry on doing what it is you're doing. Whilst the track is playing, have a conversation with someone else in the room and see what jumps out at ya from that perspective! I wouldn't always listen to music from a production end of things. That can be always be sorted later and re-done if needs be. The idea behind the 7 minute arrangement is to give y'all a general VIBE of what it is we do. Basically, if people take to that 7-min version of Saviour, they are likely to take more to the edited version. The principle behind the move is intentional and designed to "go past it, just to get it" if u know what I mean.

It probably took u a while to download and I can appreciate that your opinion is an educated one.

Any further comments welcomed

Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 polemical

Great tune man. Nice and melodic. Ive seen you's play before and have to agree, it's all about the mood. Your different to a lot of bands, which comes as a nice change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Shane Smith

Thanks Mr Polemic!

I also invite anyone with a moment to spare to check out http://www.mp3.com/bluetide

Both tracks are under 4'30" bracket!

Talk soon

• Advertisement
Advertisement