Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom "stealing" dsl customers?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭gombín

As I posted earlier on in the thread, this nearly verges on the paranoia. eircom Wholesale have nothing to do with the checking of bandwidth on lines or the provision of DSLAMS (the latter, they just happen to be nominally in control of). eircom Wholesale are essentially a reseller of an eircom product. In a kind of warped way, eircom Retail/Operations provide a product to Wholesale, so that they, or IOL/Netsource, can then buy it back from Wholesale.

The below shows a typical example of a customer from an OLO purchasing DSL through a reseller:

IOL/Netsource customer calls Esat/Netsource
    -Esat/Netsource pass their request on to eircom Wholesale
    -eircom Wholesale get eircom Operations to provision DSL on line
    -When DSL is provisioned, Operations bill Wholesale, who in turn would bill IOL/Netsource.
    -The fact that the billing arm of eircom Retail haven't been consulted, essentially means they will be billed by IOL/Netsource.

The database in question, is essentially just a listing of all nos. which are periodically frequency-tested. Retail have the same access as Wholesale, not because it has been provided for them, but because they are selling the same product. As regards, if there is any "corruption" of this database, is what I would refer to as the paranoia. As many people on these boards will vouch for, when you get through to one of the biddies on the phone in eircom Retail, they are only in a position to tell you if the line passes or not. It has nothing got to due with impending orders from any other companies.

In relation to enabled exchanges, these are logged with Comreg, having being enabled by eircom Operations. When given the green light by Comreg, eircom Wholesale is then able to "launch" the exchange, and take orders from eircom Retail or from IOL/Netsource.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Either way Eircom Retail know if another carrier wants to 'resell' one of their lines.

This is when the order comes through from wholesale , the intermediary entity, for line x

Wholesale is primarily a trade billing entity which bills another carrier in lieu of normal billing, thats cool.

Where has me vote for Broadband gone then, Biddy got thick with me when I told her about the vote for broadband flash thingy and said she didnt have the data at all. The Data Protection persons are unaware of there being any database in Eircom apart from the normal CRM/Billing one. There is no Marketing database registered anywhere, taking lists off the normal database is allowed under the registration terms of the CRM/Billing database anyway so I am confuzled.

The votes may be all be going to /dev/null which is perfecly legal of course.

I'm still somewhat confused and have no hope of seeing much BB out my way anytime soon so I wont be stolen by anybody....

M

Advertisement