Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A question for The Irish Times

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

Maybe they got their Northern correspondent to capture the image.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭Genghis

Wasn't RTE good enough for them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Originally posted by Genghis
    Wasn't RTE good enough for them?

RTE actually broadcast the BBc picture logo and all

Tony

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

Originally posted by Tony
    RTE actually broadcast the BBc picture logo and all

Tony

Someone should tell them about pressing "Backup" or using "Other Channels"!

On a related note, the travelodge near Dublin airport is sourcing its UK channels from Sky. The regions are BBC ONE/TWO England, Granada and Channel 4 North (of England)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭jabarrett35

And if you notice its BBC News 24 did they get that from their Northern corrospondent or in the news desk at D'olier St. RTE showed BBC newsline pictures on 6 one news.RTE was not invited only the BBC had TV cameras.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

Its not exactly illegal to pick up BBC News 24 in the Republic.
    Re-broadcasting via a deflector maybe (At a stretch).
    Its SO not illegal to publish a screenshot of BBC News 24.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭jabarrett35

I never said it was illegal,I'm sure its not. Does anyone know if press organisation get cards that allows them to get Channels such as BBC 24 they must. They get Reuters TV and others news agencies feeds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

In 1970s when I worked in BBC and there was only a two way FM Analog microwave terrestrial video link if the link wasn't "booked" there was a lot of flexibility on what was actually on it.

(It was offically the Irish Eurovision Link, but it had to be routed by BBC Belfast).
    The bit of the Eurovision Link from NI to UK was used every week to transfer "The Muppets" a day in advance and a few things for UTV.

I'd be very surprised if there aren't more than one digiboxes in BBC and RTE with "cards" for British TV / Irish TV respectively...

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I remember when the statue of Hussein was torn down, Gareth O Callaghan (I think) on 2fm, was telling what was happening and said a few times that they were watching it on BBC News 24!

Advertisement